Just to spread some confusion... If a "script kiddie" decides to move on on a later date and become a "real" hacker (I ****ing don't like that word already), they are actually "newbies" or "neophytes". In that case you can only say someone was a scriptkiddie after that person died and never advanced in his computer skill. In any other case current skriptkiddies are just in a newbie phase they will grow out and become "1337"...
I like xtc's and the_jinx's thing "they have no ethic or will to learn", but that stance will change for most and they turn into a newbie... The intention with wich the person uses the pre canned scipt does mather ? So if you want to learn from it yuo're a newbie and if you only use it you're a scriptkiddie, who judges what you were doing with the script and with what intention ? Isn't a "black hat" hacker, altough his malicious intent not a "real" ahcker to ?

etc etc etc

my conclusion:
Those stickers and tags and names are ****ing ****. They are invented by "scriptkiddies" to show to the other "newbies" they are "1337" and when they're doing only rightious things they are "white hat" and so they can fight "black hats" on their path to order and justice... Sounds like some pokimon movie huh ?