Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning : Tour De France Website

Exclamation Warning : Tour De France Website

Warning,

The tour de france website has some ropey executable which you need to view its content.

I'm sure this is illegal but if you download/install it it resets your Internet Explorer home/search pages to some dodgy ad powered search page.

I'm sick of things like this.!!

Hey tour de france guys RTFM

er0k
    if i had a nickel for every page ive been to like that id have at least $100 extra ..

lol..

what a load of crap..

standards people.. standards !!!!!!! that's what they are there for..

but hell if you wanna use spyware powered crap.. go ahead.. make my day..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Oh yeah we have standards, not like people will follow them though. If a company can make .00000000000001 cents for having an ad up and such... they're going to. It's all about making a buck. Screw the people who come to our site, or the fact for Internet security, I want that .00000000000001 cents of change in my pocket! What can you do though but take it up the processor and except it. Then sit everytime you get off the Internet and run your spyware and AntiVirus software to get ride of all the "crap" and to feel a little less "dirty".

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Lemme guess, you went to http://www.tourdefrance.com ? Which is NOT the official website of the Tour. http://www.letour.fr is however.

Sounds like a social engineering activity by someone.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Sorry and apologies to the real tour de france website.

I was at www.tourdefrance.com

Well done msmittens for pointing that out.

I appreciate its social engineering but its damn near the top of the google list and its very well presented.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Ya.. a little check on it points it to some schmuck in Spain. I wonder if the Tour official guys know about it.

When I did a search on Tour+de+France the first site I got was the official website. What term did you put in to get the "fake" site?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Now your askin. I guess they social engineered me well because It was 4th in the search cats and I clicked on it when I seen the URL.

Now mark_boyle2002 must Iron his hands. bad mark_boyle2002 bad bad mark_boyle2002.

Just my 2 cents/

When I come across a site that asks to install anything at all. I block it from the normal flock of users. I can't catch all the pop ups but I take great joy in blocking those that "require" a software plugin to view their site at all. Exculding those marvelous plugins like Adobe, Flash etc....
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

I'm the same way. I love the sites that want you to install Gator and stuff too... I just laugh as I click no. That's why it's a good idea not to have your prefs set you automatically install 3rd party plugins and such. That's where a lot of the popups come from I think. The only time I get popups anymore is when I go to free sites like geocities or AOL homepages... LOL

But it's still the thought of these places trying that stuff, makes me sick!

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]