Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Testing Website Security

You know I was having a shitty day and wasn't going to really post anything because of my mood, but I think I will now. The real funny thing is I don't even need to say anything, because everyone here has beaten me to it. But the fact still stands, you come here to us and ask for help. IF you would have read the FQA's, you would understand we do not like script babies and wonder when people ask questions like yours. Plus even in the fact of picking on you, most of the people that posted still helped you out.

4. That's Enough - and your right some one with my experience (20+ years in IT (that would mean yes I was hacking and coding when... you were all... well you know doing what your doing now... ...shitting yourselves) shouldn't play in the shallow end of the gene pool. cancel me because I won't be back.
    --> If that is true, then why do you need our help? You would have to be around 45 if you went to college and have been in the IT business itself for 20+ years

Do you guys actually build internet sites and work with secuirty or do you just surf.

Maybe the knowledge level I'm looking for is beyond what a bunch of google searchers can handle.
    --> That's a big mistake, because you just attacked everyone here and you should know better than that. If you are old and wise then where are your manners?

2. Your panties are in a twist (mostly due to lack of real education) (gore)
    --> That's just being a plain old *******. gore could be smoking weed and shooting up while working at BK for all I care, you ever go through and read some of his posts that have helped people? You see the rating and number of posts he has, he wouldn't have all that if he was such an uneducated person. To me I think you are the uneducated person who is probably some 16 year old who wants to try and be like the big kids.

And the list goes on, but come on. If you want help doing stuff fine, if we question you we are allowed since you're a newbie. You don't have total strangers walk up to you from off the street and ask you for tips on testing their security system on a house.

Hey though that's me, that's just what I thought I could be totally wrong *cough* looser *cough*

~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Ninja Code Monkey
    It is interesting to go back through the posts in this thread and read the replies and look at the points that were thrown around.

A legitimate request for assistance quickly turned into a pathetic flame war with greenies tossed around for the best responses.

Maybe my reading comprehension is off...but I read his question as a request for suggestions on software for load testing, automation, and security testing tools for web applications. And since he was new to it, some information on methodology as well.

A few posts here were actually helpfull...although the tone of some of them was questionable. Maybe next time DocP should post some news articles that have been in every web site and mailing list first.....or write a few more tutorials on the osi model and batch files. He may get a warmer reception next time.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Juridian- I definately know what you're saying, but I don't think that anyone flamed him until he insulted the very community that he was requesting help from. And you should have seen the PM he sent me. If you thought his public post was rude, his PM was rediculous. Funny thing was, I was the first to respond, and was trying to help him.

He still has a point though. *hangs head down*

I love a good flame war once in a while. But I shouldv had better judgement and realised this person was not the flame war type who would be able to make a relevent arguement/flame. so for that I'm sorry, I admit i got out of line because I love being in a flame war. And even though he was a **** slut and threw accusations and assumptions at me that were hardly true, I AM a senior member and shouldv been more responcible.

I'm usually the first to admit when I'm wrong, but to get me to do that you also have to give me a chance to argue I'm not. Well this time I was wrong and here I am admitting I shouldn't have set out flame bait when the new fish in the pond is biting.

Sooo, I'm sorry to you and I dont have any harsh feelings to any of you. And I was wrong. Also J has a good point. I've seen 3 tutorials on the OSI model in like a week....isnt this overkill guys? I mean I didn't write my BSD install because I saw someone already had.

And, heh, I wouldn't shoot up, lol. Thats something I will NOT do. I'll stick with my vicodin and Xanax, I know what they do and I know how they work and why. After my degree is finished in computer science I might be going into pharmacology also. But I dont think so, but it's a possibility. Anyway I'm rambling on now. bye.

Ninja Code Monkey
    And I see that your post there was trying to be helpfull. Part of the problem is it's tone, mildly scolding him for not looking through the forums before posting. I understand what you meant, but it is very easy to take it the wrong way.

Not long after your post the whole thread seemed to go to hell with people screaming skript kiddie and other things that don't seem to relate to anything at all. Flaming is fun...but it has it's place. People need to calm down and think about what they are saying/reading before they post.

ps. I know what you mean about the pm crap....I get some interesting reading material every soo often.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

wow, this thread is pitiful. Moderators, delete it now so that it doesn't scare newbies away.

<EDIT>Yes, I know im a newbie too </EDIT>
    $person!=$kiddie or die(\"Alas, die you hotmail hacker!!\");
    SecureVision