IE Problem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IE Problem

Banned

IE Problem

K, last night I had people using my computer and now there is a problem. Whenever I used download a file, IE asked where I wanted to save it... but now it just saves to C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ without asking.... any help would be appreciated.

= Cheers, jag291 =

are you running the latest version of IE? If you can upgrade at all, that might reset it.
    $person!=$kiddie or die(\"Alas, die you hotmail hacker!!\");
    SecureVision

Banned
    Don't want to upgrade... I just want to reset that settting... thanks for trying.

jaguar291, almost sounds like someone started a new user account. Check your users, under control panel, and then delete any that should not be there.
    You might want to create a download file, if you don't already have one, as a secure place to put anything you download, untill you can scan it and decide where you want it to finially be.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Shot in the dark here... check your options under your security settings (Tools/Internet options, Security Tab, 'Custom level' button)
    You don't mention your IE version number, so I'm not sure, maybe you have/don't have options that I do/don't. Anyway, I noticed two areas: Downloads, Drag and drop or copy and paste files
    Mess with those, see if that helps.
    Also, under 'Advanced' tab, there's 'Install on demand'. Make sure that's unchecked.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific...
    Good luck, let us know if that helps

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I beleive you want to check the security zone settings under Tools>Options. If you look at the specific settings, there should be a setting for Prompt for downloads. Give that a try.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Banned
    This is no option for prompt.. there is an enable and disable...

Wrayth... I tried all that before I posted... nice try though...

moxnix... Nope, there NO new accounts... just me....

HELP!!!

Here we go..

Go to your control panel and select Folder Options.
    Select the File Types Tab
    Find the File Type In Question
    Highlight It
    Click Advanced
    and make sure the confirm open after download box is checked.
    close everything

This should do it for ya..

Peace
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    HTRegz,

AHA! That's where I saw it. Oh well, my memory is fading with age
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Banned
    HTRegz.... YES... THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!