Bill gates on Linux

Thread: Bill gates on Linux

Bill gates on Linux

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/20...es-linux_x.htm

I thought this was a joke at first untill i saw it was really an interview with him....

He talks about how a ton of people used OS/2 because they were followers of big IBM. Ok I understand that, but look at where OS/2 is now. I know a bunch of banks phazing it out now with Windows 2000 Server software. But here's the catch, what if IBM is now what IBM was then? Who says that Open-Source software products won't come and take a big chunk out of Microsoft, as they did to IBM?

I don't think that Gates will ever be scared, until Microsoft falls before him. He can see what he is up against, then figures a way around it... that's basically all he has done up until now. Though it will be ineteresting to see where all of this goes in the next 5 years. Who knows, maybe there will be a *nux company that buys Microsoft out and then things will change forever?

I'm just along for the ride...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Gates is like the street thug that gets decked by the nerd. He says "Hell, that didn't even hurt." as he picks himself off the ground.
    You can never admit to being hurt, on the street. Bill Gates is on the street.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

That's an interesting way to look at it. But at least acting that way he has stayed on top. No Fear is a good thing for business, as long as you have a good head on your shoulders.
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Bill Gates is an excellent business man. There are only a few that are even comparable. But in my opinion, he has the ethics of a business man also......none. (top sucessfull business type that is, wouldn't want to knock the little guys)
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Notice that Gates never addressed the issue of which product is "better". He only commented on pricing. This is a smart tactic and it just goes to show that he is a business man and nothing else. I know he's afraid but he wont admit it becuase that would tell the world that he agrees that windows is in many ways, inferior. He has to act like his product is untouchable or else people will lose faith. All empires must fail and we will see the day that Microsoft goes up in flames. I'll be there to roast marshmallows........LOL....
    -NeuTron

Banned
    Well the growing issue with Microsoft vs. Linux is that the more you use computers and try to gain more control over you OS or even the tools that come with you OS the more your not going to want Microsoft then we come into another entity all together the people that aren't the norm and want to be able to actually change the source code of ther OS. I can't really see Microsoft letting that happen that is the reason that most people use Microsoft very user friendly and they don't let you touch anything that is (sorry bad way to place this but)fun **** Ping, Tracert, and your registry and things that Microsoft trys to hide in a plow to keep you safe that is why if you ever ask anyone if what OS they have and they have a family the majority of the people will say a Microsoft OS.

Is Gates shook to answer I refer back to Tv ok simpsons fans trivia time/

What did Bill Gates do to Homers computer company?
    A. Buy it out.
    B. Burn his house down.
    C. Kill Him.
    D. Destory his workshop.

You have ten seconds

Ding Ding Ding
    The answer is D
    Destroy his workshop. Something tells me that Gates will try to make some ploy to a couple Linux company's to merge with Microsoft or something like that.

And that is today's episode of just one question I am your host Whizkid2300 signing off always remember it is easier to try to do something on your Pc and jack it up then actually pay someone to do it for you. That is what books are for.

Sorry about that got into my game show host mode. LOL

Whizkid2300

Amature.

He said I'll buy you out or something and when Homer said Yes Bill had two guys destroy his workshop. Then Bill gates said "Do you think i became the richest man in the world by BUYING companies?"

Banned
    Yeah that is right sorry. I will quote the Simpsons better next time. I promise I will do better.

But I liked how I posed the question.

But it would make sense.

Whizkid2300

Linux is the current OS competition, but it's no more threatening than OS/2. Remember OS/2?
    hahaha, ROFL
    i like this 'bill' character, he's a funny guy!
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...