Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you quickly change your ip while connected through a cable modem?

sorry , i don't know

Wait one more befor I go....lol

Is it possiblr to hide your IP ...Like for instance when i go to a websit and I don't want them to c it...I saw this on a website once but I did'nt really understand it...

THanx......B-Wolf
    [glowpurple]The inside secrets of big buisness are being leaked onto the Net - (who\'s fault is that ) - Me[/glowpurple] http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=419

there are alot of software u can hide yr address. ....................find out

The easiest way to hide your IP when surfing the web is probably to use some kind of anonymizer proxy. There are plenty of those around. Google is your friend.

Thanx phishphreek80 man ur really good at this stuff...And not to mention you have a really cool computer...I hope someday I can be as good at u with the whole security stuff.
    no problem. I wouldn't say I'm good with "the whole security stuff" I just read and play alot.

Is it possiblr to hide your IP ...Like for instance when i go to a websit and I don't want them to c it...
    yes, by going through annonymous proxies. search the site, there is quite a few posts about that... both the pros and the cons.
    From a security POV.. there is mostly cons. (especially if there are uids and pwds involved... anyone you proxy though can capture it and they will have your info.)

firedevil1982:
    sorry, i don't know
    If you don't know, then why would you reply saying so? Why not just move on until someone posts who does know and then read it?
    Then you would know, wouldn't you?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Releasing and renewing your DHCP lease won't help on many configurations.

DHCP servers typically remember what IP address machines had, even after their lease expires or is released, and give the machine the same IP back again unless it's been used by something else.

Also when they encounter a new device, they assign it the IP that's been the least recently used by anything else, therefore minimising the changes in IP number.

There are however, some DHCP servers (particularly on cable), which essentially reverse the logic, and try to change IPs as often as they're allowed to. However it doesn't seem that mine is one of those, I've had the same IP for months.

lol

A little "social engineering" at my local cable company has revealed something of interest. Seems they have DHCP "issues" and can't handle more than a few clients processing a renewal at the same time. So even though they are set to be dynamic, in reality they are not at all. "But don't tell anyone", he said.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.