Thread: XP - IEradicator ?

XP - IEradicator ?

Hope this is the best place to post this.

Does anyone know of an IEradicator that works with XP ?
    (only ones I can find say NO to XP)

Thanks

Here is a shareware prog. that is suppose to work with XP.
    http://www.webattack.com/get/purgeie.shtml
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Thanks moxnix. That program is for cleaning cache, etc.

I'm looking to wipe out Internet Explorer 6 entirely

I do not believe it is possible and if it is , its a pain to do. IE is tied in very tightly(suprise ,suprise).I have looked around before to get rid of it myself and found no way. Albeit that was a while ago but i would say its still the same. I would just use a good browser like Phoenix ,Opera or Mozilla and leave IE as is.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Get rid of IE6?
    You mean you don't absolutely love the proprietary microsoft internet viewing software being used all over windows and being forced down your throat by being used for other things besides viewing the internet? Well, according to microsoft, you shouldn't, "there is nothing wrong with IE" they say.

This article describes how to uninstall Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 and return to your previous version of Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;Q293907&
    This is the most you can do, you cannot remove IE6 from XP like you could remove IE from previous windows versions.

heres a link that will get rid of IE6 for XP. www.slackware.org

But seriously...i think if u have XP maybe IE6 is just the best way to go just cuz its so tied in with XP. I use mozilla alot but alot more functions and app's are compatible with IE than Netscape engines. I've searched around for better browsers for XP and 2k but they just dont cut it in the OS. I definitly have other browsers when i have my slackware or redhat machine going. If ur worried about trojans or whatever from microsoft just get a firewall so u know nothing is sneaking out onto the net. Just my opinion.

Hey,

I did use that IEradicator thingy once ...it was on a W2K box though ...

I did as a test to see what it did and how it would run if the IE was completely ( well almost then ) gone...

One answer ... don't do it...

Oh it works allright ...if you wanna have problems with your soundregulator , javaengine (which I replaced with a proper one but still had a lot of problems) and many more small pain in the a$$ kind off things

So I wouldn't do it and leave IE well enough alone ...or as deftones12 pointed out ... go with a complete different system

Anywho ... Just thought I mention it.
    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.

The question is why take it out? You can install Netscape or some other browser that can be the default broswer and then you wouldn't even have to worry. But I do think that there is no real easy way to get ride of IE6. And if there was, I'm not sure if a lot of hte features in XP would work anymore. It's all about the feel of the web, and M$ uses IE, so therefore the two are bound together. I think if you don't like it, you safer and easier bet is to just download a browser you like and use that/set as default.

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

I 'must' remove it. My Anti-virus no longer works correctly (AV support says re-install IE6)
    My QuickBooks won't load (wrong version of IE 5.5 ??????) Damned Istsvc keeps rearing it's ugly head; no matter what edits I do to the registry; or deleting of Istsvc files.

As much as I would love to bare Bill Gates illegitimate children; and know that my $$ help to feed his starving relatives......there is so much tied to IE6 within XP-Pro; I have to use it.

In the meantime; I've pulled my accounting info, email, etc to my Win2K box.

Thanks for the info. (I'll reformat and reload XP-pro)