American Poltics and Paper
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American Poltics and Paper

Banned

American Poltics and Paper

I got a question someone help me here.

Why is it when ever an American dies in this War the got gunned down, a sniper shot them, Ambushed, and Blown-up. Doesn't anyone just get shot anymore. I was thinking about this, I know our guys are good but dang noone is that good.

Whizkid2300

I think these Iraqi "gorrillas" are a bunch of cowards. They know they can't take us one on one, so they have to fight like cowards.

Banned
    If I'm understanding your question.. then there are two reasons in my opinion...

1) The people that attack American soldiers are complete cowards (like Framework said), and they know if they just went up and shot an American, they would never see daylight again... so they shots from faraway, they use explosives... in other words: its guerilla warfare.

2) Another possibility is that the media just streches the truth a bit... I'm guessing that they think they can get better ratings for making stories sound more interesting.... but the again, our government does confirm many of those reports so odds are its #1.

= Cheers, jag291 =

I think these Iraqi "gorrillas" are a bunch of cowards. They know they can't take us one on one, so they have to fight like cowards.

There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. I think you might be failing to distinguish between the two...

2) Another possibility is that the media just streches the truth a bit... I'm guessing that they think they can get better ratings for making stories sound more interesting.... but the again, our government does confirm many of those reports so odds are its #1.
    At least in America, things have pretty much been that way since around the time of the Spanish/American war when Pulitzer (and someone else, I forget his name, Hearst maybe?) drummed up the war spirit with sensationalistic journalism. You are just seeing the continued evolution of it.

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Banned
    I actually have to go with #2 on that one. The reason is the same reason that we have not found weapons yet. Our gvt. will mis-consture(spell check) things. I personally believe that this is very possible an over sight on the gvt. and media. But I want to see if I can get any from outside the US to reply to this one.

Whizkid2300

I'm not from outside the U.S but I agree with framework. I believe that they are to cowardly to have an open battle with us. Instead they must resort to being far away when they try to kill our soldiers.
    =

Banned
    That is very possible but, at the same time let's go that as a whole they might be to cowardly you mean to tell me that there isn't ONE person. Isn't scared and will go threw with a fight. Which in my mind would get at least get one person off of shear tanasity.

Whizkid2300

There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. I think you might be failing to distinguish between the two...
    So it's brave to fight like a coward, and try to kill those who just set you free from a murderous dictator who rapes and tortures anyone who opposes him?

Sorry nebulus, but i think i understand fully the difference between bravery and cowardess.

Banned
    Ok Frame when did you change your Avatar?
    I have to kinda go with Nebulas on this one. and Frame at the same time. Ok let it Ludacris to believe that every Iraqi is a coward. It is also Ludacris to believe that every American that has died, died by being blown-up, Sniped etc. Ok but you have to think about it like this. Which side would you side with a crude Dictator, that treated you like carp but, you had all the power and money you wanted. Or America and it's philosphies. I have a little statistic that I am going to throw out here to get you guys thinking about something.

Of aproxiamately let's say 80,000 request for asylum 20,000 were answered and 2000 denied all the rest approved. What does this say if you get a reply your good, but if you apply your pretty much screwed.

I am not going to go deep in this one right now I will be back later and post more.

Whizkid2300

Ok Frame when did you change your Avatar?
    You can ask anyone, i change my avatar more times than most people do.

I understand what nebulus is talking about, i just don't think these particular Iraqi's fall under that catagory. I never said all Iraqi's are cowards, because that would just be a ignorant statement.