WinXP Logo Change at Startup

Thread: WinXP Logo Change at Startup

cali forn i a

WinXP Logo Change at Startup

Hey, u all know how u can change the startup for Win98 by editing the logo.sys? Is there a way to edit the WinXP's logo when it starts up and it has the lil blue status line going accross? Answers would be much appreciated!

nevermind just my luck i found it right after i posted it...anyways if any of u guys wanted to ever know or think it'd be cool to do here's a link to do it.

Sorry 'bout the lame thread...hope the links useful

Memphis, TN
    Heres a couple links link to a prgram that will help you do that.

Changing the logon screen involves a file called ntoskrnl.exe.
    Be careful playing around with this file as I messed up my whole computer once and had to reinstall.

Good Luck

[edit] Well now I dont' guess you needed my links check them out though. they might have some more stuff on them.[/edit]

Here is a little program I have been using for quite a while now.

Xteq X-Setup

It doesn't only allow you to change your startup and shutdown screens but allows you access to a lot of other things in windows that you wouldn't normally have access to and it works with all released windows.

It's a nice little program to have and there are always new plug-ins coming out and you can also create your own plug-ins.

- The mind is too beautiful to waste...

Personally I just don't take the time to make my own. I surf around on and download them. There are a ton of places to find bootup screens for XP.

Another place where you can really mod your windows out is, and there is always google (that's how I find other places when I'm looking for something specific).

Just a thought...
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Redondo Beach, CA
    **Thread moved from Antionline: How Do I? to General Chit Chat**
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage