Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Attacks planned for Sunday

anyone have any confirmation on this? not that *theuser* is lying to us, i just wanna know if this has hit the presses anywhere else.
    Yeah...AOL Instant Messanger (probably not a very reliable source) had this as their main article a couple of days ago, unfortuently i wasnt able to read it...
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

The Recidivist
    Just from the people I talk to in the cracker community, regardless if the prize is true or not there trying. They view this as some "hack the planet" style call to arms. So the threat is real regardless if the prize is not. And with a prize like that, do you really think that the matters to any of them?

hjack
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

With all this publicity, it makes you wonder what the odds are that it's a roundup by federal officials of the elite haxor types.

Could that be possible?
    KapperDog

[glowpurple][panic] HOLY CRAP, THATS TODAY!!![/panic][/glowpurple]

Oh, wait, I don't have a web server.
    (and if I did, it sure as hell would be patched by now)
    Darwin\'s rollin\' over in his coffin, The fittest are surviving much lest often,
    Now everything seems to be reversing, And it\'s worsening!
    --nofx, American Errorist

*yawns*
    *taps fingers on desk*
    *looks at watch*
    *goes to get more coffee*
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Anything?

Hmm

It's now just past 3:00 there, "1500 pm" if I'm not mistaken. The ending time for the challenge.

Anybody hear anything interesting yet? Other than "it was all a hoax?"
    Do not meddle in the affairs of hackers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    I am what I am and I do what I can.

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    Where is "there"?

What time zone is the zone-h.org web site hosted from?

The time zone thing listed on their site says Tallinn, Estonia.

Here's the site the hacker's challenge page linked to: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=242

EDIT: I just checked their IP (213.219.122.11) and it resolves back to Tallinn as well, so that's the actual city they're hosted at.

LAST EDIT, I SWEAR: On a whim, I also traced the defacer's challenge site (200.222.209.203) and that one fell back to Brazil, city of Petrópolis. However, this is a very different result than I got from the IP locator here at AntiOnline, which said they were in Australia. So feel free to check it with your own tools, see which one yours agree with. I used the one at http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm

And now, I sleep.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of hackers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    I am what I am and I do what I can.

Well it seems that this huge defacement challenge passed with little more than a few unheardof websites being defaced. Here is an article at CNN, talking about the outcome Link. Those defacers must have been scared off when they heard that there was a thread about them on AO!
    \"Is this heaven? No, this is Iowa.\"
    -Field of Dreams

Oh no, I am doomed, wait, patches, oh the ones I got 2 months ago ?
    Okay, nevermind, I am fine.