Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Attacks planned for Sunday

Originally posted here by DjM
    They have put up their own web site:www.defacers-challenge.com.

The winner gets 500mb of hosting, webmail, email forward (limitless), Domain Name (that YOU choose). Now don't you think any 'real' hacker can get any of this stuff anyways?

Cheers:

/edit Sorry gang, the site seems to have gone away or its been pulled by the ISP.
    This website appears to be back on the air. Feel free to Check it out.

Im writing this note to say more about the contest.

When I Eleonora[67], had the idea to create this contest, was to peoples from underground, however got a big attention from media.

I m receiving support from many peoples, that are joining this contest, i wanna say thank you very much for everybody.

Have actually many peoples joined by this challenge that send a e-mail to desafio@defacers-challenge.com and signup, however my mailbox is full and i dont have as answer all.

By now to protect defacers anonymity, is not more need send me a mail o say that wanna participate, in the day of challenge (6th july) everybody peoples that notify a defacement will be automatically joined to challenge.

The hours was defined will be 09:00am until 15:00pm, (have many countries involved in this contest because this the TIMEZONE will be from zone-h.org website) everybody groups, individuals and partipants, that have defacements notified in zone-h in that period will be automatically joined (repeat to not have doubts :-) )

Will have a counter showing the time in website in day of challenge.

Another mirror promissed was created is www.defacers-challenge.info.

Cheers:
    DjM

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    As DJM said, the site was back up again. Here are the details of the contest- the rules and the scoring:

Its notorius to see every day websites and websites being disfigured some for hacktivism acts others only for fun others without apparent reason.

But the fact is who is the best one of all?

Who could participate of this challenge and leave victorious person? This only depends You defacer!

Rules
    Can participate to groups or people individually, that to want and that have a minimum notion basic of the what is one.

The time of the challenge will have duration maximum of 6 hours.

The challenge the this foreseen for day 6 of July (06/07/2003) hours yet not was defined but probably will be morning.

Will be a challenge skill/speed or either ability and speed

In these 6 hours defacers will have the limit maximum of deface of 6.000 websites or either who to disfigure this amount in minor number of time will be the Winner.

Case no group obtains to arrive at this mark of 6.000 so in the end of the 6 hours will be champion who hit the greater numbers of websites.

The counting of defaceds:

In them we will use the estatistics of zone-h therefore it is a neutral website and will give bigger trustworthiness so, all defaceds must be posteds there.

Deface is free style.

Not will be counted redefaces

Not will be counted deface of subdomain or/hacked.htm etc..

No will be counted defaceds of freehosting as geocities/angelfire/lycos/hpg.com.br/etc..

The websites will have yours pontuation duplicate in special case defacements

The systems OS windows will have pontuation = 1 ,

The systems linux, unix, and * bsd will have pontuation = 2 ,

Systems AIX will have pontuation = 3 ,

The systems Hp-ux and Macintosh will have maximum pontuation of 5 points.

OBS:

websites with deface echo deface > index.htm will be accepted but will lost 0,5 points.

websites without a definite system (unknonw) will be counted 2 points.
    Awardings:

500mb of hosting
    webmail
    email forward (limitless)
    Domain Name (that YOU choose).

My hope is this being first of many defacers-challenge!.
    Warning!
    We have to say (unhappyly eehhe) that deface its crime and can give to chain in some countries the website www.defacers-challenge.com and ur webhosting dont have responsibility on the acts (defacing) of the websites.

Anyone doubts contact us :

desafio@defacers-challenge.com or admin@defacers-challenge.com
    However, more and more sources think its all hype or a complete hoax:

http://www.silicon.com/news/500019/1/4992.html

http://www.nationalpost.com/financia...3-D0045C2FBC21

http://www.computerweekly.com/articl...avourID=1&sp=1

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2137062,00.html

I think that you will see some defacements whether it was hype or a hoax or not. It is out there now so every wannabe hacker and script kiddy will be trying something. I don't think it will bring the Internet to its knees or anything though.

By the way- does anyone have any idea what time zone the zone-h.org web site is in???

T3h Ch3F

AllenB

The internet traffic report is very interesting. Indonesia is hating it right now, with a 21% compared to our 93. According to the information on that site. We are not experiencing any major problems. It will be interesting to moniter this.

:P:

I heard about this or something similar on the news earlier today. There were more details than anyone has listed here, but there was no date or time announced. The specifics were that whoever could break into 6,000 websites in 6 hours first would win the prize. Something like this could seriously affect the 'net. I haven't heard anythng more about it since this morning though, so anybody with an update please feel free to let everyone in on it.
    -keezel

I heard about this or something similar on the news earlier today. There were more details than anyone has listed here, but there was no date or time announced. The specifics were that whoever could break into 6,000 websites in 6 hours first would win the prize. Something like this could seriously affect the 'net. I haven't heard anythng more about it since this morning though, so anybody with an update please feel free to let everyone in on it.
    Go up about 3 posts from yours to the post from DJM followed by the post from me.

The post from DJM included the text from the defacers-challenge.com site including the timeframe of the attacks (9am to 3pm based on the time zone of the zone-h.org web site).

My post contained the complete rest of the text from the site including the rules and scoring.

I don't think there ARE any more details than that right now.

well crap. I don't usually make mistakes like that....just whenever I totally crash. I don't personally like excuses...giving or taking them but I'm seriously crashing right now bc I'm running on very little sleep and I just ran 6 miles for some t-shirt that dad says we *have* to have. Sorry TonyBradley for missing your post. And I'll be very interested to see the results of this little defacement contest. What will be even more interesting is (since there's so much media coverage) the reaction it will bring. I can't even begin to imagine what could happen as a result of these attacks.....but hopefully one of the results will be that webmasters and computer administrators will wake up and start making their systems/sites more secure. I think it's nap time...... Please don't judge me too harshly for my mistake.

-keezel

Please don't judge me too harshly for my mistake.
    No "judging" at all. Just trying to help you find the info you asked for. I know that sometimes when I join a thread late and it already has 2 or 3 pages of posts I sometimes don't read every single one to catch up and might ask a repeat question or post a repeat answer- it happens.

Well i think its gonna be called off with all this publicity

Its the same as if BIN LADEN called bush and said he was gonna attack on Sunday, then ol' BUSH(uhhh.. all ..uuhhhh ...do respect...)would make the navy ,army and what ever,ready for a war on Sunday ,but in mean time thats jus a decoy and WHAM!!!!! Saturday the whole america perishes. Kinda like that.

So expect it when you shouldn't expect it

My only real question is, since this is a fairly prominent hacker community, with some mad knowledgable people and people with a lot of contacts, I'm wondering if anyone here even knows anyone who intends to participate in this?
    Do not meddle in the affairs of hackers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    I am what I am and I do what I can.

Did a little snooping and the main page is a frame...
    Actual site is here....
    http://www.hypnotic0.hpg.ig.com.br/index.html
    Franklin Werren at www.bagpipes.net
    Yes I do play the Bagpipes!

And learning to Play the Bugle