Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Attacks planned for Sunday

Looks like the contet was a DUD to me....
    Interland sent a warning to all
    it's customers to be sure they were backed up.....
    one of my customers use Interland for hosting.....

As a note: Interland is so unsecure it is not funny!!!
    Franklin Werren at www.bagpipes.net
    Yes I do play the Bagpipes!

And learning to Play the Bugle

Red face Defacer Challenge is mostly a bust

Looks like a bust to me too. I didn't see a problem with global traffic during the time this was supposed to be going on. In fact there seemed to be a slight drop in traffic for the early part of today (which I thought was kinda interesting). You can check the stats on www.internettrafficreport.com.
    I am a little disappointed by the disappearance of Zone-H (can ping it), and a couple of other defacement archive sites, but I did find one tiny Brazilian site still up: www.delta5.com.br. Not much to report compared to their normal defacement reports. Doesn't look like anyone took it too seriously.
    The sites I saw that I *believe* were attacked had the same defacement (claimed by ISS, B4BY!@#$%^). I saw alldas.de on for a pico second before they took their site down, infowarrior.org, attrition.org and treachery.net all defaced during the hours of the challenge. Strangely, none were reported on that small Delta5 site (guess nobody outside of Brazil knows about it).
    I'm starting to believe that the groups that I track largely ignored the "call to arms."
    Anyone else see anything of interest?

- Devirg

T3h Ch3F

Yahoo

I was on Yahoo movies yesterday reading reviews of new releases, when I clicked on the editorial review for Terminator 3, I noticed instead of the title of the film, "I am the best Hacker", had replaced it.

That is the only deface I noticed, and a minor one at that.

:

Zone-H is baaack!

I just checked Zone-H again and it's baaaack. Only 95 site defacements reported on their site. Hmmmm.

- Devirg

CNN.com has a big article about it...it made the headline news on AOL Instant Messanger... Anyways here is the CNN.com article about it:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/interne....ap/index.html
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

T3h Ch3F

Its Going Down!

Thanks Galdron. I think maybe the some of the free antivirus sites were hit too....an AVG page is down and some other site I was checkin out said "we are currently rebuilding our site, sorry for the inconvenience". I was just surfin for some things I'd like to have all on one CD and an AV program was at the top of my list....I've got some interesting stuff. Maybe I'll post all I found when it's finished.

Banned
    [quote]Unknown attackers downed the largest recorder of Web site defacements on Sunday, the same day that vandals had been thought to be planning an online graffiti contest.[/qote]

http://news.com.com/2100-1002_3-1023295.html?tag=fd_top

"We are basically saying that you should secure your systems like you always do," said Richard Forno, author, independent security consultant and a participant in the lampoon. "If you are any type of IT (information technology) or security professional, this shouldn't scare you."
    good point....

*yawn* *yawn*

*fart* (that's for hogfly)
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I found this on the Register. Looks like the defacement thing was indeed a hoax

http://www.theregister.com/content/55/31591.html

Corn