Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun little site for noobs to play around with.

javascript mainly....
    but i do have troubles with other codes.
    [pong][gloworange]Tool Rules[/gloworange][/pong]

Another challenge for me.
    [gloworange]I will always win with A Ace[/gloworange]

Originally posted here by TOrn_sOuL
    javascript mainly....
    but i do have troubles with other codes.

Are you referring to actually programming in JS or are you asking in reference to one of the first few challenges that is presented at www.hulla-balloo.com? If you are asking in reference to the challenge, then the answer to that question was given earlier in this thread, I believe. If you are asking in reference to general programming, then here is what I did for you. I just did a quick search for "javascript tutorials" on Google and came back with these results:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...t+tutorials%22

That was quick and dirty, but there are literally thousands of websites where you can find code examples, tutorials, etc. to help with your programming education. I have a decent collection of some bookmarks that I've gathered over the years that have helped me learn all kinds of things, and I've probably got a few you might be interested in - if so, just shoot me a PM.

Haha, I didn't use any telnet, I hacked with Proxomitron. However I didn't pass level 5 either. About the other game, JavaScript linkColor, its the defined in the html <body tag, linkcolor="00000" or something. Take the part inside the quotes.
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

level 5

I entered this:
    telnet www.hulla-balloo.com 80
    GET /hack/level5/level5.php HTTP/1.1
    Host: www.hulla-balloo.com
    Referer: http://www.hulla-balloo.com/hack/level5/index.php
    To: onewhowatches@msn.com

and received a reply that the password email had been sent. Urhm.....but I never got it. I'm so freakin' close I feel a little frustrated.
    Any ideas on what I'm screwing up?
    \"The feeling of losing your mind is a terrible thing. But once it\'s gone, you\'re fine.\"
    Carrie Fisher

Your on the right track, but a hint: "To" will not work on a line all by itself.
    Insert whitty tagline right here.

Wait a minute.....are you saying that I should put the email address I got from the previous level's password remimder as a From: ??? Or that simply putting To: onewhowatches@msn.com is written wrong?

Jeeze, I've even got a book on Web Hacking and it has nothing about telnetting in it!
    *throws book across the room*
    \"The feeling of losing your mind is a terrible thing. But once it\'s gone, you\'re fine.\"
    Carrie Fisher

Originally posted here by AlcatraX
    hi everybody,

i`m stuck on level 5. i tried to telnet the site on port 80 but it says -"could not connect to host on port 80".

is there any other alternative way to get past level 5.

what should i do next?

if something is to be done in javascript/vbscript just give me a brief hint as i`m new to javascript and learning these days.

i little light in right direction will be of great help.
    hi all,

can u people help me try out of level 5.
    i tried to telnet but failed.
    i think i`m behind a firewall, whose settings i cannot change.
    so, if anyone can suggest another option.
    SeCuRiTy MaKeS Me TeNsE

Hey:

I've been doing these games for a while, but:
    I'm having telnet probs with level5. FOr some reason, no matter what I do, I can't get the files. BTW, with hackerslab.org... I can't connect on to the drill serv with any other port that isn't 80. Peeps told me to use 23, but not even that one works.
    Oh, another thing. I'm interested in the mechanics of level 5: What exactly did that "Sam" guy do to secure the file better?
    \"I ONLY DRINK THE BLOOD OF MY ENEMIES....and maybe a strawberry yoohoo....and a...Pina Co-la-da!...
    If you like pina coladas....ugh!, gettin\' caught in the rain....ugh!\"
    -Sarge

It tells me the password is sent successfully, but i really do not get anything
    Suggestion or clues pls..
    Thanks before hand

telnet www.hulla-balloo.com 80
    GET /hack/level5/level5.php HTTP/1.1
    Host:www.hulla-balloo.com
    Referer:http://www.hulla-balloo.com/hack/level5/index.php
    GET /hack/level5/level5.php?to:myemail@hotmail.com HTTP/1.1