Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun little site for noobs to play around with.

level 4

well i broke down and created a new web page that e-mailed me the password
    and it is
    " rainbow "

enjoy
    [blur]Y R U U[/blur]
    You\'r just a bit nothing more.
    oso_1_ has been assimilated!
    ZeTtA bYtE has been assimilated!

level 5

i'm on level 5
    i've tryed telenet i get connected but i cant figure out the login and password its a linex system and i've never done any thing with one of those that i know of
    [blur]Y R U U[/blur]
    You\'r just a bit nothing more.
    oso_1_ has been assimilated!
    ZeTtA bYtE has been assimilated!

ls do not read this if u want go ur own and have something developed in u

read this onlly if u are unable to figure out till level 5 even after very hard work.

level1 -- see the source code of the page the pass word is 'insanitypepper'
    level 2 --- the password file is not uploaded so there is an error...just click submit without typing anything
    level 3--- change the URL to http://www.hulla-balloo.com/hack/level4/password.txt
    level 4 --- view source and change this to

Code:
    <center>
    <form action="level4.php" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="to" value="webmaster@hulla-balloo.com">
    <input type="submit" value="Send password to Sam">
    </form>
    </center>
    Code:
    <center>
    <form action="http://www.hulla-balloo.com/hack/level4/level4.php" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="to" value="youemail@something.com">
    <input type="submit" value="Send password to Sam">
    </form>
    </center>
    save the page locally and click on send password to sam...the password will be sent to you.

next i am to figure out yet.
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

alright this is pissing me off lol. Im on lvl 5. I can connect to the server but know nothing about *nix. the only thing i caught on to is that next to the versian of linix it was using there is a name in parethises. it is a kind of train in japan I believe.lol. and the kind of computer it is on. so Im doen for now. Im gonna try to re write soem code to do the same thing that the last level did. other then that Im stumped.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

for lvl3 hint..
    hack/level4/password...
    \"SpeAk YouRSelF\"

Level 5 tips

Well heres a few tips for level 5.
    -learn basic HTTP syntax and spoofing the refering URL shouldn't be too hard.
    -download the level5.php file
    - www.datatrendsoftware.com/spoof.html

Here's another similar site to play with: http://scifi.pages.at/hackits/
    I got to level 13 on the first evening and I just passed level 14, so two more to go. Each level has got a guest book and I've been signing each of them. It's just that the levels are quite idiotic, too artificial. I believe something like 12 out of the first 13 levels had a JavaScript-protection only...

I really liked the Try2Hack ( www.try2hack.nl ) though. In it you got to use a VB decompiler, packet sniffer and such tools. I played it all the way to the mission in which one was supposed to hack the IRC bot that rarely was on their channel... :/
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Ok am really stuck now... Can't seem to get pass level 5.

Great site to play around with, am having fun but no work is getting done so I will stop for now.

Any more hints as to how to pass level 5 guys... I can't seem to connect via telnet...

Guidance
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty

Level 5

the only way you could actually manage to grab a .php file without it being parsed is to download it from the ftp space...port 80 is the web server, and the web server will always execute the php script before sending the file to you. You will always end up with an html file, with no php.

Kay. So I need to download the file from their FTP. But I try and do this over Telnet and I get a FTPD menu that requires a logon name and password to operate.

What am I missing? I feel like I'm overlooking something simple, but for the life of me I can't put my finger on it.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of hackers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    I am what I am and I do what I can.