Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: System suddently restart...

System suddently restart...

Hi, I'm having a problem with my pc, my always restart when I exit from some application such as game (Fifa 2003, Soldier of Fortune), and others program like Pc Utilities. I dont know why? because before this, my system is stable....

I'm Using Windows XP Professional SP1 Edition
    Epox 8-KHA+ Motherboard
    AMD Athlon XP 1700+
    Kingston DDR RAM 256MB PC2100
    Maxtor HHD 40GB
    TDK CD-Writer 48X
    Winfast GeForce FX 5200 128MB Graphic Card
    Winfast TV 2000 XP

[pong]Please Help Me..... [/pong]

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Try reseating the RAM
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

If your ram is well seated and not causing your problem.....try defraging your hard drive and then running scandisc/with fix errors.
    Hopefully that will help, if it is not your ram, that is.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Banned
    Had this a while back when I first put in my Radeon... I had no idea what it was... when to Best Buy and bought a new power supply and no longer happens... ?!?! Can anyone confirm that its a power supply problem??

It could be a power supply problem, but that should show up also when you first start any program, and not just when ending one. The draw on the power supply (or the load ) will approx. double when you are pulling on all of your connected devices at once....like when selecting a new program, or leaving one.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I already Scandisk and defrag my Hard Disk for several time... and changing the RAM with the new one, but the problem still occur.... Maybe my Windows cause that problems.... I've totally no idea.... maybe I need reinstall my windows... (This is will be the last solution.... ...)

JohnHACK.....

JohnHACK, Have you changed any of your hardware recently. Like a new harddrive, or cd-rewite, or a new monitor??
    Author Unknown

Yes, I just changed the CD-Writer and Ordinary CD-ROM, CD-Writer as a master, and CD-ROM as a slave, before this CD-Rom as a master.....

???

Try putting them back int their original configureations and see if that solves the problem. Also check to see if your power plugs are well seated and your jumpers in the correct places.
    If you just added the cd-rewrite, than you could be over driving your power supply. The cure for that is either to upgrade your power supply or dropping one of your cd's.
    Author Unknown

Old Fart
    Two words.....

Norton Utilities

(speed disk blows a plain old defrag out of the water and windoctor will find AT LEAST 18 errors in your registry on a FRESH install of XP Pro...)
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...