Thread: Telnet problems.

Telnet problems.

Im having problems using telnet with XP every time i use it, it opens for a split second, then closes. I was thinking maybe its my firewall? Also can someone post some links to telnet tutorials?

Maybe the system you are trying to connect to is rejecting the connection , and isn't listening on the port you specified. Try telnetting to a system in which you know the port is up and listening. But if all else fails , download putty..
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

A quick question: How are you opening telnet? If you are going run->telnet, or double clicking the icon in c:/windows/system and it is closing right away, you could try opening a dos shell, and from there typing "telnet" to open it. That way, even if the program shuts down, the window will remain open, and it may be possible to glean more information like an error message or something.
    Darwin\'s rollin\' over in his coffin, The fittest are surviving much lest often,
    Now everything seems to be reversing, And it\'s worsening!
    --nofx, American Errorist

i have got problems as well we i try to telnet to port 80 nothing happens then if i press enter the connection gets lost but the window stays open and you can see what should of been on the screen but scince you lost your connection you can not do anything....help plz
    why?

secession, make sure you run telnet from a command prompt or append the adress and port in the run dialog box like "telnet 255.255.255.255 80"

crashburn,the HTTP server is waiting for an HTTP request. Both of you should see previous post here

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

Banned
    I to am running WindowsXP and I have the same problem when designing C++ programs in DOS. Does anybody here know why XP does this? Because it is really annoying, you always have to open everything from the command prompt.