Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Changing source code. -Hack this site level 4-

Originally posted here by neel
    ey... what is this kindoff big ass spoiler stuff. It's supposed to be a challange... people spend days weeks and I heard of even months trying to figure stuff like this out. If you did it on yer own you did something for real. If you just read this thread and got to level whatever with as good as zero knowledge... you're no less then just what some people would call "scriptkiddie". I forogot the thread.

Good point.. I retract my previous post.

i´m also stuck at level5 .... tried to telet but it needed pass ... waht am i supose to do hear??
    PLZ help Me!

/ A swedish Guy

i am also lost on level 5..
    tried to telnet but needed pass..
    someone PLZ help me

/a Swedish Guy

I am also stuck at level 5..
    tried to telnet but needed pass.....
    PLZ help me!

Kwiep
    Heh, I decided to try the things myself to. To give y'all some hope. Level 7 is easy . The ones who already got there know what I mean. Ow well...
    Double Dutch

Banned
    i dont really see the point in Hacking the website when everyone is asking for help and "what is the pass for level 5 or 10 or whatever .... the point of the site is to use your brain and abilities you have to hack the level and not ask for the password ....what have you archieved by getting the password that easy ....

***MemorY is just throwing his opinion here***

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Hey HT, send me the pass and stuff to take a look at the PHP. I'm not gunna bother to hack the rest of it because of lack of time and laziness. But I would like to see this PHP stuff their trying to do.

xmaddness

this is the question

"Sam has gotten wise to all the people who wrote their own forms to get the password. Rather then actually learn the password, he decided to make his email program a little more secure."

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Well, I got sucked into it. I mistakenly clicked on the link in the other thread, and wamo.. at level 5. But i really don't feel like brakin out telnet and bothering with the rest. I look at enough web code everyday as it is. Let me know if you guys get stuck on anything and if it drives ya mad for to long, throw me an email at xmaddness@planetmaddness.com

cheers

Kwiep
    I quit at level 11 yesterday, might try it this evening again. They are really nice challanges. I saw alot of much easier stuff, altough it isn't to hard really if you just find they right trick.
    Double Dutch

level5

level5

ive been trying to pass fromlevel5 to level6 for 3 days now I ve tried telnetting to port 80

and spoofing the refere but it doensnt send me the password i've now tried using curl and typing

curl -x 192.168.0.1:6800 -d "password=rainbow&to=spike054@hotmail.com" -e http://hulla-ballo.com/hack/level5/level5.php http://www.hulla-balloo.com/hack/level5/index.php

192.168.0.1:6800 being my proxy

whats wrong?

Exclamation Re: Changing source code. -Hack this site level 4-

Originally posted here by thesecession
    I have a quick question about changing source code with IE first of all heres an example www.hulla-balloo.com/hack/level4/index.php password for level 3 is bubbleboy so you can view level 4. Anyways what you have to do for the password for level 4 is change the source code and replace it with your own email address. But what i want to know is what do you do after you plug in your email address? Do you save the file somewhere and refresh the browser or what? This kind of tripped me up.
    take a look at this line in your source:

<form action="http://www.hulla-balloo.com/hack/level4/level4.php" method="post">

it should have the path & filename of the file which will accept the POST.

Thanks.