Simple VB Question

Thread: Simple VB Question

Banned

Simple VB Question

Just started coding in VB and I'm having some trouble with VisualBasic 6.3... I start the program by hitting Alt+F11 in Word and I create forms without a problem but I start having trouble....

I can't save any of the code I write... there is no 'SaveAs' option... just a 'Save Normal' option which does nothing when I click it...

and I can't create an .exe ... I've gone through the program and can't find anything to create one....

Any help will be appreciated...
    = Cheers, jag291 =

VB Question

Hi Jaguar291 (Happy July 4th)

You can't make an executable from the Word version of VB. Actually it is not VB it is the Visual Basic for Applications version of VB. Sorry. You can only make apps that work within Word.
    You need the stand alone version of VB to make real executables.

Banned
    As CaperMac said, the only way to finalize and create a .exe is to get the whole program. However I suggest not using VB. Through my experience VB is the worst language ever, I suggest that you rather learn something such as C++. It's a language that has compilers floating about everywhere on the net (such as http://www.bloodshed.net is the very best).

Banned
    I actually have already learned to how to program in C++ and have Bloodshed (very good for a free compiler). I'm trying to make GUI's very easily and I've heard that VB is the way to go... and about 20 minutes after I posted I found out that I need the full version of VB to make an .exe so off I go to find out how much it's going to cost me...

= Cheers, jag291 =

if you can get a hold of Visual Basic (6, i'm not familiar with.net) you can compile most VBA applications into executables, if you make the proper references to the Office object library( a setof DLL, one for each office app)... if you need any help, i'm pretty proficient in VB/VBA (it's my job) just PM me
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...