trojans

Thread: trojans

trojans

Anyone know how to install the client with norton running, always says your infected, I want to test trojans on my two cpus being they are networked everytime i try; Norton says your infected and have to reformat, any help is greatly appreciated, thnx

look at the bottom of this thread where it says "Similar Threads" This is a security site focused at prevention. We don't premote the use of trojans.

Journy101 > Please read his question, as he says, he wants to test his "two cpus"

david244us > As far as I can tell, if you cannot install them that means your AV engine is working properly. If you want to test other parts of your network, then I would recommend first disconnecting your lan from the internet and disabling your AV engines to do whatever you want with your trojan(s).

I agree with journy101, even if you are trying to test them on your own systems the misuse could be very very harmfull. The best help I could be would be to tell you to check google.
    The internet, not just for stalkers and pervs, but for computer geeks too!

just turn off norton antivirus... also install a firewall they block trojan ports so even if you or someone else managed to install one and it use some well known trojan port it will block it.

CraZy_AhmaD > Not necessarily, most trojans are blocked because they run as seperate programs and it is easy to make a distinction between iexplore.exe and eviltrojan.exe. But as virii writers are getting smarter every day, this problem was solved a while back. The 'better' or 'smarter' trojans, do not directly access the internet, they will use another program somewhat as a proxy to access the internet. An example of this problem is here http://grc.com/lt/leaktest.htm . As you can obviously see, a malicious program accessing the internet and sending/receiving data through a trusted application can be a huge problem. This problem is not too easy to fix, and needs some very good, clever firewall configuration to accomplish.

Ideally,

- Get the two machines on a network of their own, with no internet access and no other boxes
    - "Ghost" both boxes - saving an image of the HDs
    - Then experiment as much as you like (turning off AV software as necessary)

When finished, simply "unghost" the boxes, restoring their hard drives back to the original state.

Note by "ghost" I don't mean you have to use Norton Ghost, but something similar will do.

Then just hope that none of this "Trojan" mal-ware does any hardware DoS attacks, otherwise you may lose the hard disc, bios, motherboard or other components.

It is a risky business.

To mitigate things further, use VMWare or virtualPC (although these are more expensive)

Yeah like he said KILL norton, cause nortan was designed to stop these things ,so why should it let it through at any means?? just turn it off,and DONT USE TROJANS on OTHER PPL,
    since you are reeeaaally new, i would advice you to NEVER USE THAT WORD AGAIN IN HERE
    its like the word **** it might not offend you but it could OFFEND SOMEONE ELSE,and
    if you do not know wha a scriptkiddie iz then i suggest you search for it in the forums,else
    your ass is gonna get tossed out of here ,I am just giving friendly advice.

and
    Theres an saying that goes:REAL HACKERs DONT HACK

CHEERS