Thread: Micro$oft to help defeat Spam?

Micro$oft to help defeat Spam?

Forgive me if this has been posted already (and PM me so I can remove it)

Bill Gates wants to help us?

C'est possible?

http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/170
    i\'m starting to think that i\'m bound to always be the first guy on the second page of the thread.

Yeah I caught an article about that in Computer Week. I think he sent a letter to a member of the senate or someone. Rather interesting if you ask me. Gates trying to help someone.

HA

Whizkid2300

the only spam i get in my hotmail accounts are from microsoft
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool

Hey jxrry59 we can't win them all. Atleast Microsoft who we can sue.

I know it sucks.

Whizkid2300

What a guy.

I think its great that Bill Gates is going to use his huge fortunes to try and fight the first of these legal cases in proving someone to be a spammer and hence breaking the law.

Big up the Gates man.

Don't all hate him. he still does good things on occasion as well.

Like what? Not revealing the the code of Windows to almost the whole America?

I would consider a 24 billion dollar endowment to aid in charities such as health care improvement in 3rd world countries and improvement in our countries libraries and inner city schools to be a very very good thing. Bill Gates will have given away most of his money by the time he dies. His children and family will see very little of the fortune that he has earned. You may not agree with his business model, or like the OS that his company makes. But you cannot say he has never done a good thing as he is one of the top philanthropists of all time.

"The foundation was created in January 2000, through the merger of the Gates Learning Foundation, which worked to expand access to technology through public libraries, and the William H. Gates Foundation, which focused on improving global health. Led by Bill Gates’ father, William H. Gates, Sr., and Patty Stonesifer, the Seattle-based foundation has an endowment of approximately $24 billion through the personal generosity of Bill and Melinda Gates."

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/default.htm

On the topic of SPAM. I would venture to guess that we will be seeing some very large companies joining MS in their struggle to end SPAM.