Thread: Cannot delete thread

Cannot delete thread

Theres been two threads that I've tried to delete via the the edit post then delet post option. However, everytime I do that it brings me to an error the page cannot be displayed. Just wondering has anybody here had that problem.
    =

Ok I'm going to ask the stupid question... but these are two of your threads/posts? I mean like you are sure YOU are the one who is logged in trying to delete YOUR threads/posts?

WAY back whenever JP sold the company to JupMedia I was having problems like that, I think a lot of us were. It was all with random stuff.

But have you also tried the general tricks? Clearing your cache, restarting your computer, defragging, stuff like that?

Just some thoughts...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Yes these are two of my posts, and I am logged in as myself when I try to delte them. I only have one account anyway.

I also have cleared my cache, and restarting ect.

No big deal just wondering if maybe anyone else was having the same problem.
    =

I can fix it,

What you can do is hit delete and when it brings you to the error screen, hit reload like 10 to 20 times fast. Then it's going to bring you to a screen (from AO) saying something about the webmaster, then X out and go back and check your post number (on main screen). If that doesn't work retry 'till it does. Always works for me .

But please note check you post number before you try to delete.
    Cya
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

LOL.

sounds like the PHP code is starting to break down in AO.

I'll try that next time I need to delete.
    Thanks
    =

I am having this problem with my Hack This Site Levels 1-7 thread id 245771. I keep getting Cannot Find Server errors.
    I have been trying to delete since last night. I tried D00dz Attackin's method but no go.
    Maybe someone from Jupiter Media could give me a hand with this? Thanks!
    \"When you say best friends, it means friends forever\" Brand New
    \"Best friends means I pulled the trigger
    Best friends means you get what you deserve\" Taking Back Sunday
    Visit alastairgrant.ca

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Algaen, I've moved your post from Tutorials to General Chit Chat. ...

As for deletions of posts, you can ask the mods to do it and just empty the post if you want until we can get to it. The issue of deleting posts affects us as well and we have a simple work around that seems to work.

I have noticed that deletions of posts is possible when there are few people on (100 or less) so I think it's the volume of activity for the server that affects the ability to delete or not.

But that's my opinion.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage