Thread: Ethernet Problem in RH 8.0

Ethernet Problem in RH 8.0

I just got done installing Red Hat 8 on my computer My problem is that I can not activate my ethernet card. My ethernet card is built into my motherboard. I have a Asus P4c800 mobo and the ethernet is by 3com. Now I have the Linux drivers on the mobo cd but am new to linux and not sure how to install them.

The linux drivers are in a folder entitled linux but all of the files in that folder end with the extension of .c My guess is that I have to compile. Anybody have any info on how to install this.?
    =

Ok I got a couple of questions first when you were installing RH 8.0 did you get any problems.

I am not quite sure here but a guess would be first try to re-install Linux from Scratch. The first time I installed it I had a crap load of problems. Now my other question is Linux the only OS you are running?

Whizkid2300

1. The install of RH went fine.

2. I did install RH from scratch. On my system I have two HD's. ONe is an 80 GB that contains XP Pro. The other is a 10 GB with only RH.

I have the drivers for my NIC but since I've never used Linux before I am not sure how to install them. Do I need to go to a terminal windows and issue a command from there or is there some type of auto installer that will install the driver for me?

All of the files in my NIC driver folder end with an extension of .c
    For example driver.c
    =