Thread: Music and its influence

Music and its influence

Hello, Im a newbie and well since none of you will read the Roll Call's (why would you lol) and I thought Id introduce myself by offering an interesting topic that is non computer oriented since that is why I am here, to learn from you guys!

So I just wanted to ask in the forum which seemed most appropiate what you believe the role of music is in your life and can it influence politics, moods even cause suicide etc.

I believe this is quite an interesting topic as our fav music is surely a great reflection of our selves.

Anyway hope you enjoy, I will put some input in if this gets any responses,

cheers!

Music is powerfull my friend , very powerfull-> it alters emotion,brain frequencies,and can even be used to get to a state of uephoria.

but we only hear what we want to hear in music.

well, i kinda have a song for every feeling/emotion i get, so if want to think of dah "happy" dayz, then i jus drift away and put 'em on.

@ this moment i am missing my darling(its a looooong story) ,an only SMASHING PUMPKINS can help me out(music wise).

or maybe i should say " I'M SO HAPPY 'CAUSE TODAY I FOUND MY FRIEND, THEY'RE IN MY HEAD"(nIrVaNa)
    well the world would be dull without it.

AO's Mr Grumpy
    being an old guy, and ex musician (as in I don't play any more) I have to agree with EINzTein, about the power of music, regardless of whether you happen to like it or not. people say that this or that is crap, s*** etc, but someone has had to write and produce it, I dont think anything is truly bad in music, admittedly, there are some very bad, singer's musicians etc, but I think it all comes down to what your ears and brain can tolerate and accept, and of course the mood you are in when listening
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Now this is a great topic, I have to agree with EINzTEIN on this one, that music has alot to do with mood, There has been times when I could have been so arngy that I could have climbed a bell tower and started firing off rounds but music has talked me down like some sort of hostage negotiator. Just like a little BenHaper to some old bluse favs like muddy waters and so on. Theres also times with music can lift your sperits and get you ready for an action packed night. It is also true that music could cause people to jump off the deep end and kill themselfs witch is a dear shame in itsself. One thing that many people have to understand is althought that it is a great hobby and there is alot of deeper meaning that could be taken from it, it still is just collection of sounds. And never over a little good old punkrawk to mellow a mood or lift you sperits.
    The internet, not just for stalkers and pervs, but for computer geeks too!

You guys are all right, Music is the Foreground of all society's and all people.

Just think about it like this when your in a really crappy mode and someone plays a song that you love what do you do?

Sing along.

Music there for a very big part of life.

It is one of those things that are pre-placed in the human cortex. Such as a smile.

You can go to a Island where there has never been another person before you to that island.
    I gaurantee you that when someone smiles it means happy.

Same thing with music.

Whizkid2300

Banned
    i think music also expresses your personnality outside ... if you listen to Rap (i do) you will mostly wear baggy pants and a oversized SouthPole , Fubu , Rocawear or Nautica shirt . I mean i want to know people that i listen to rap thats why i wear those clothes and i also feel comfortable in them . Same with Rockers mosly they wear black wide pants or tight pants but moslty in our school most rockers dont care how they look i think thats cool because you have to feel good about yourself no matter what everybody else says.

MemorY i also think that it expresses your personnality i been listen to rap since the dr dre days (but i don't wear baggy pants) i wear jeans and a tee shirt .i also find that music brings back memories and when you sit back and listen to it makes you feel good inside.
    I had to google 'jfgi' to see what it meant. The irony is overwhelming.

I listen to a wrap, but I'm like cdkj, I wear jeans and a T shirt. I listen to a little bit of rock, but still only wear jeans and t-shirt. As a matter of fact I wear jeans and a t-shirt everyday. lol
    =

Heh...People are different in many ways
    Music influences some and some it doesn't
    It also influences the way you speak and talk..even how you walk (lol im riming )
    It's just a big thing in your life...."Today People" depend on music most
    Everywhere you go...everyone is listening to music.....imagine a world with no music.....Nooooo!!!

Yeah Script I have to agree. The interesting thing that I have ot say is that. What ever fashion or style you listen to, there is probably a couple of songs form another style that you like. That is the beauty about music, it is beasutiful. I want you to think about that i gaurantee (Spell Check) you that there is another song from another genera.

Whizkid2300