Thread: Prim master not installed?

Prim master not installed?

ok ibe been having some problems bare with me now because im not even sure of what the exact problem is, ill just go through the steps when i boot up. It goes through memory check ok, then after that it will sit for a few minutes. After that it will give a message "Pri Slave Drive ATAPI incompatible press F1 to ressume". So i press F1then it goes through weird RPL,ROm, FCC things, counts to 200. After that it just says boot faliure and says press F1 to try to boot into floppy. So i went into my bios (btw im using AmiBios with a 40 GIG hard drive) and when i try to make it see my Primary master it says that it isint installed. When i know my hard drive is def. installed, Any help at all? Thanks in advance
    Hacker dan

Have you checked your jumpers??

What brand of HD is it.
    =

yes i have checked my jumpers, its a SamSung HD
    Hacker dan

your hd maybe incompatible with your motherboard, you may need to set the jumpers to cable select, because the hd is too big for the motherboard. i had this same problem with a maxtor 40gb. hope that works.

Old Fart
    A BIOS update *might* be helpful too. Also, make sure the "master" drive is plugged into the connector at the very end of the EIDE cable.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

i used this HD before with this bios.
    Hacker dan

And it never gave you any problems.?
    =

not really, ive had a crap load of problems with this setup, but it was working good, i wanted to format and put linux in so i did not i get a HD problem. im so confused dont know what to do now. But some part of me is telling me its a bios problem, i put my old 2 GIG hard drive in there, gave me the same problem, but i dont know if it would do that anyway because its so old.
    Hacker dan

How did the problem begin? Was it working ok until it suddenly died?
    Did it malfinction when you made software or hardware changes?
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

no its werid was working fine i formated went out for an hour came back and it now has problems (no one was at my house at the time so i know nobody touched it)
    Hacker dan