Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brutus Help [Good Intentions, not malicious!!]

Exclamation Brutus Help [Good Intentions, not malicious!!]

ok, im new here at antionline, I use to visit another security forum but it seems to have gone offline the past 3 days now, so I decided i'd join this place
    anyways my question is:
    #1 is using brutus illegal
    #2 I want to reveal a password I forgot on my website/email
    #3 when i use brutus it only gives me the wrong password or a password from the top of my possible pass list

any help or comments would be appreaciated
    please dont view this post as a malicious intent to begin cracking
    I'm a good guy and I just need help on this

#1 yes it is illegal if u r caught(depends on countries)
    #2 specify !!!whether it is e mail or website
    #3 there are many brutus available try anater one and try to make u own in vc++ it is pretty easy.

well i see it as melicious intent but i selute ur way of asking for help to crack password so i won't give u any -ive points

Check your Brutus settings?

Could be that Brutus doesn't work, just a thought

Banned
    ok ...yes it is illegal one reason " cracking is illegal" if you forgot your password (e-mail) contact the webmaster with the e-mail information ( name , adress and other things they required) so i wouldnt even try to crack an account or password ..... you should have another possibilitie then cracking your account if not just create a new one ....

I can see that your getting off on the wrong foot tenseikenz, read this http://www.antionline.com/misc.php?action=faq , and you will feel at home and not being flamed .

BTW: welcome to AO, make your self at home.

Cya
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Banned
    Let's read the FAQ before we post....

1) Yes, cracking hotmail/website logins/anything is completely illegal unless you explict permission from the owner/company/etc.

2) Learn to remember things better! (What a stupid ass excuse for an attempt to help you break into someone's files.)

3) Thats not my problem... since using that program on an e-mail service which you are not the owner of, which is illegal, I'm not even going to tell you what you should do!

For those that don't know what Brutus is:

Introduction

Brutus is one of the fastest, most flexible remote password crackers you can get your hands on - it's also free. It is available for Windows 9x, NT and 2000, there is no UN*X version available although it is a possibility at some point in the future. Brutus was first made publicly available in October 1998 and since that time there have been at least 70,000 downloads and over 175,000 visitors to this page. Development continues so new releases will be available in the near future. Brutus was written originally to help me check routers etc. for default and common passwords

Features

Brutus version AET2 is the current release and includes the following authentication types :

HTTP (Basic Authentication)
    HTTP (HTML Form/CGI)
    POP3
    FTP
    SMB
    Telnet
    Other types such as IMAP, NNTP, NetBus etc are freely downloadable from this site and simply imported into your copy of Brutus. You can create your own types or use other peoples.

The current release includes the following functionality :

Multi-stage authentication engine
    60 simultaneous target connections
    No username, single username and multiple username modes
    Password list, combo (user/password) list and configurable brute force modes
    Highly customisable authentication sequences
    Load and resume position
    Import and Export custom authentication types as BAD files seamlessly
    SOCKS proxy support for all authentication types
    User and password list generation and manipulation functionality
    HTML Form interpretation for HTML Form/CGI authentication types
    Error handling and recovery capability inc. resume after crash/failure.
    = Cheers, jag291 =

Banned
    Listen tenseikenz dude, each password your trying to hit is a request to your sites host. They'd be really pissed if you poked around with their login. Instead of doing it the kiddiot way... Do like everyone else said or just do a whois search for the peaple in charge of the domain and ask help from them.

yeah true, I shoud have contacted the domain pple first but, I though this was a security site, and well, I wanted to try doing it myself for a change, the best way to defend yourself against an attacker is to know his/her methods isnt it?well dont be narrow minded that just because brutus IS used by CRACKERS and malicious HACKERS that it cant be used to test your own vulnerabilities and hey, help you remember passwords instead of waiting like 2 weeks for that email to come with the password, but oh wait, you also forgot your email password!anyways just dont be so hostile in poking your finger saying evil!!, just like what society thinks today of ethical-hackers, and that which they cannot understand.
    I mean no disrespect,please excuse me if I offend you in any way
    please any ideas on brutus would be appreaciated

Banned
    It seems as if you don't understand... people here aren't going to help you break into an email service.... its not because we think its unethical and we're *******s (which we are!) but because its illegal... learn to read.... and as for testing security... I highly doubt that hotmail or any other big name web e-mail service needs help from some little lamer like you!

= Cheers, jag291 =

It seems as if you don't understand... people here aren't going to help you break into an email service.... its not because we think its unethical and we're *******s (which we are!)
    Speak for yourself Jaguar291 lol.

tenseikenz: your best bet is just to try to contact the the admin like everybody else is saying.
    LIke Jag said. just because you may be the actual person who has lost his password doesn't mean we are going to tell you how to crack your password.

You've been lucky with this thread. Most of the time people already have 2 red dots or have been banned with questions like these.
    =