Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Webmail

Webmail

HEllo,

I am wondering how one can aquire the inbox name for a certain Exchange account. Would it be viewable in Internet headers of an email?
    Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    surreal

Banned
    You would have to set up an IMAP or POP3 mail server at home and also register to www.yoursite.net. I've tried to do this and it is very hard both to maintain and to configure but a good mail server is qmail (I don't know any ones for Windows).

The Inbox Name

The name of the inbox is usually directly related to the e-mail account name unless someone is practicing security through obscurity.

E.G mark_boyle2002@somedomainsomewhere.co.uk

The Exchange message store for the active directory is usually labeled as mark_boyle2002.

I don't know if maybee your trying to get some info from us for some illegal practice but could you make your question a little clearer.

Also if you are trying to bee a l33th4x0r RTFM

Re: The Inbox Name

Originally posted here by mark_boyle2002

Also if you are trying to bee a l33th4x0r RTFM

Actually if your trying to be a leet Hax0r please refer to this post here:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...974#post640974

Why exactly would you care about the name of the inbox on an exchange server? What information are you hoping to gain from this? I'm a newbie when it comes to webservers and I'm just interested in where you might be going with this informaiton.

Thanks...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

The mailbox name is the AD user name and has no bearing on the email address itself. In most cases people will do handle@company.com where handle is also the email ID and AD account name. But not always.

The only reason I can think of that somebody would want to know the AD account name is to try and gleem valid account names to try a brute force attack.

Heh, you should definately check out Gore's post. He's written all the super secret details about how Win ME is uber l33t and how to be leet .

If we're talking about an Exchange mailbox then we're not really dealing with a standard e-mail account. As for getting box names would depend on how the Exchange server was configured and what domains are trusted etc. Depending on configuration exchange will allow queries as to whether a box is valid or not (usually only if you are already an authenticated user on a trusted domain),but this would not do you a whole lot of good as most exchange servers use NTLM authentication(by default I believe?) through AD (Hopefully NTLMv2 if the admin is smart *l0pht cough*) and even knowing the mail box name will not give you any access without a valid access token from a trusted authority aka Domain Server/Trusted domain server so a brute force attack won't do **** for you anyway.

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

Maestro- If you know the user name, and you use a brute force attack to guess the password, you will have gained the proper authentication. That is the purpose of a brute force attack, to get permissions for an account you know is valid, but do not know the password to.

OMG gore!

You right dOOd, wanna be l337 h40r go to that link. In no time you can hax hotmail and eyeseekyou wi da tool . Yo Master Boot Record will be sweet and leet in no time! Cause you da masta cracka foo.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.