Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Negging

Negging

Ok I have to post this one. Here we go.

I am posting to simply say.
    People calm down.
    Here is the problem, people are negging people into the ground just simply for the fact that they can. That being said.

Next I think negging a brand new Noob. To death is crazy. What I mean by brand new is someone with under 10 posts around ten you learn how to post and you learn the rules. But simply negging them until the get banned is crazy. If a person says something wrong or asks something they shouldn't at that point let them know. In a more positive way then, by Negging them.
    Or if you can't think of a positive way flame them but don't neg just to Neg.

Sorry about the ranting but, I had to say that little bit.

Whizkid2300

your rant is duly noted, and appended to the large list of similar rants on the same subject

most of us feel the same way about it...
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

Yeah I know I just saw someone that had like one pos tunder there belt get Negged to death and get banned for asking a stupid question but they didn't know the rules. I just had to say something. It had finally got to me.

Whizkid2300

LOL....i got negged once for misspeling a word lol
    And I "thought this is crazy"
    People need to calm that down a bit
    They should only neg people if they did something really wrong....like if someone asks how to hack

Banned
    i think if we see a member whith 1 or 2 or even 3 posts under their belt we should not neg them but show them to the FAQ or explain the what AO is about .... if after that they still ask "how can i crack this how can i bla bla bla bla ? " we neg them...

Banned
    I am posting to simply say.
    People calm down.
    Here is the problem, people are negging people into the ground just simply for the fact that they can. That being said.

Next I think negging a brand new Noob. To death is crazy. What I mean by brand new is someone with under 10 posts around ten you learn how to post and you learn the rules. But simply negging them until the get banned is crazy. If a person says something wrong or asks something they shouldn't at that point let them know. In a more positive way then, by Negging them.
    Or if you can't think of a positive way flame them but don't neg just to Neg.

Sorry about the ranting but, I had to say that little bit.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you, firstly because useless posts that should sink without a trace are getting undue attention. Why are people replying to some kids question about 'Hacking Hotmail' when there is so many other questions worth our attention floating about unanswered. The speed with which users can be banned is appaling, from now on I would advocate replying to lamer threads with a link to a hacking website and to leave it at that.

totaly right......try to lead them to the good way....if they choose wrong way (hacking,cracking...)....well then you do have a reason to neg them totaly to the point where they get banned.....AO dont need people like that....the kind that always asking "how to hack"

Banned
    Originally posted here by scriptkiddie18
    totaly right......try to lead them to the good way....if they choose wrong way (hacking,cracking...)....well then you do have a reason to neg them totaly to the point where they get banned.....AO dont need people like that....the kind that always asking "how to hack"
    Treu but do we have to reply 15 times telling that person how lame they are even though they were banned withing fifteen minutes of posting after five or six seniors negged them and they are gone elsewhere.

I dont disagree with banning kids out to hack whatever but I do disagree with replying numerous times to such threads flaming them and keeping that thread in front of my eyes.

Well Ennis the only thing is that at times when people do deserve it that is like a breather for everyone. Basicly, this guy messed up let's flame them to death.

Whizkid2300

I once posted a reply to a thread that was not really related to the problem, and I really like how one of our members handled it.
    dopeydadwarf gave me positive antipoints, but said this:
    Please pay attention. It was good avice, but it was not related to the topic. This is your warning
    It made me pay more attention to just what was being asked, and didn't hurt me, or injure my newbe pride.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown