Thread: I need help !!!! about my pass on icq please help me !

I need help !!!! about my pass on icq please help me !

hey ....
    ive got number on my computer and i changed his password ... now i forgot the pass so please anyone help my i think that there is some way to get the pass from the registry ?
    is that possible ?? how ?
    its very importent and i didnt enterd e mail on this UIN so i cant do the email technik
    please help me please please please im despert

Just wanting to make sure I follow this... you have an ICQ UIN on your computer, and you changed the password... which you forget now? And you are asking if anyone can help you get the password or bypass it since you do not have an email address setup on the UIN for password retrival?
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

you can't get a icq number without listing an e-mail account.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

There is a piece of software called Advanced Instant Messengers Password Recovery which can be downloaded at: http://www.elcomsoft.com/aimpr.html
    If you install it without a serial, I believe it will still display the first two or three characters of the password. This should be enough to help you remember it. Good luck!

[edit] This just popped into method, and I realized I forgot to mention it.
    For this software to work, the clients must be set to auto-login (which saves the password locally). If the password is not saved locally, it cannot be retreived. This is another good reason to disable auto-logins.
    [/edit]
    \"When you say best friends, it means friends forever\" Brand New
    \"Best friends means I pulled the trigger
    Best friends means you get what you deserve\" Taking Back Sunday
    Visit alastairgrant.ca

That piece of software sounds like a security risk for a family computer. But then again it can only do chat clients and not anyhting like AOL itself (at least I did not see AOL listed, just the Instant Messanger).

Interesting thought though, this could be used to get other family members screen names and what not. A good reason to setup everyone with different login accounts with rights and what not.

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    [/shadow]

Banned
    There is a piece of software called Advanced Instant Messengers Password Recovery which can be downloaded at: http://www.elcomsoft.com/aimpr.html
    If you install it without a serial, I believe it will still display the first two or three characters of the password. This should be enough to help you remember it. Good luck!
    That program only works for passwords under 3 characters unless it has been purchased.

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    That program only works for passwords under 3 characters unless it has been purchased.
    I'm not knocking you for trying to help- but Algaen already said that. In fact, you included in the quote you put in your post before your own comment...

If you install it without a serial, I believe it will still display the first two or three characters of the password.
    But, the whole story sounds like B.S. anyway. You can't set up ICQ without giving an email address. I guess you might be able to enter some bogus address- its been awhile since I set up my ICQ account.

But, it sounds to me like yet another in the many veiled attempts at trying to word a question in such a way to get people to teach illegal hacking methods even though the AO site clearly states over and over that this sort of information is not what AO is about.

this aimpr writes to me this :Password is not found or is not stored locally.
    now ? what can i do there is no way to get to the pass from the rgistry?

*hushes tonybradley and says in a quiet voice* But that's the whole point, then we will have a reason to neg the crap out of FRiZz3R whenever they fall into the trap...

Really though in all honesty FRiZz3R you have to admin your story does sound like BS. But no one is going to pass judgement if you can prove/give a vaild reason for needing help like this.

Aside, I think it does bring up a good point for parents and such to watch what is installed on the system incase their kids are trying to be LEET hackors (wannabies).

Just a thought...
    ~AciD

[Edit] FRiZz3R I was just wondering, it's a chat client right? This means you can go ahead and create a new one right? Maybe learn from your mistake and put an email addy, that way this won't happen again. Then you can email your friend with the new UIN. I mean personally that sounds logical right? Because there is no one who's going to tell you how to hack a password for a chat client, or really anything.

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    [/shadow]