when if ever,explained
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: when if ever,explained

Banned

when if ever,explained

. hello all. being new to A/O, and the computer scene in general
    it has taken me a couple of days to become accustomed to the way things run here.
    i have found this site to be an endless resorce of information,and help. having now
    read a lot of posts and replies it is obvious that if you post a reasonable question or
    comment the usual response is very possitive, that is unless you have a problem wiv
    the enlish langwidsh an dont no haw 2 spel proply. i mean if all the litterate elite folk
    click on to a post and there are spelling and grammer mistakes and it so much offends
    you "STOP REDING". oh wait hang on thenagain it might provide you with an oppotunity
    to assert your athority and high standards. WOW all of you who belittle these unfortunate
    people are the same arrogant souls who have created a world where if you dont conform
    to YOUR selfish standards you dont belong. what a joke. sure there are some unworthy
    S.O.B. out ther who should be persacuted but to be doing that on this site is just an ego
    rush for those of you who live in a fantasy land deluded and ignorant to the real world
    that a majority of people are living in. i mean how many of you "the elite" with your neg
    superpowers and elite statas been wrong and then corrected in an arrogant and
    sarcastic manner and liked it ??. anyway thats my opinion which i understand i am
    entitled to have and make known in general chit chat. feel free to neg me if you feel
    that i am being insulting, afterall thats how the people feel after being bagged by the
    "PERFECTS" that exsist here.....
    Share on Google+

People stop reading when you make a lot of spelling mistakes because frankly we can't make out what the hell the person is trying to say and being the lazy ****s we are, it's easier to stop reading than to figure out what a word is supposed to be. Either that or we read read it the way it is spelled and have a good laugh at how it sounds. For instance you spelled the word status as statas. Now if you pronounce the latter the way its spelled its quite comical that or im easily amused either way people like you are good comical relief in my day.
    <chsh> I've read more interesting technical discussion on the wall of a public bathroom than I have at AO at times
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Well.... in defense of AO, I want to point out that this is an English website so you ARE EXPECTED to speak English, not some half made up language that incorporates English and who knows what other language.

Second... Darksnake said it best, sometimes people make so many damn mistakes that we don't understand what they're trying to say. And although it may be comical at times, most of the time it is just plain out aggravating, thus come the negs...

= Cheers, jag291 =
    Share on Google+

Well man thanks for making me laugh. Your spelling is attrocious that's the only reason why you posted this... unless however you were attempting to make a point. If you were attempting to make a point of some sort, I'm insulted that you felt the need to use bad spelling to emphasize it, yet I also find humour in your post because you just showed yourself to be a complete moron. If you want someone to listen to you and respect you, you must present yourself with higher esteem than they do. You must never lower yourself to their level. Yet you didn't do that. You showed yourself to lack intelligence. You raised an argument that all newbies raise, yet you did it in a very lowbrow way. You stated yourself, if you post a reasonable question, you get a positive reply. If you are unable to post something reasonable, why should we feel the need to help you. Don't look at it so much as an attack, but as a group lecture. The same lecture you would receive from a parent, principal, or another of similar authority. We are a community for the members by the members (although Jupiter Media doesn't always see it that way) and we're here to help. We don't, however, have to deal with insults, and lack of intelligence. If you have a problem with a way AO works, then I'd suggest you leave. You've been here less than a month and you feel you have the right to criticize us? I'm really starting to get sick of all the whining that goes on here. If you want our help and to be a member of this community then stick around and quit your bitching. If you are here to bitch and say things are unfair.... well I've got news for you life is unfair. I don't know who ever told you that you'd get a free ride and life was a bowl of cherries, but they lied to you. No matter where you go, you'll always find someone who knows more, and has more authority. You can't bitch at them, you'll never get anywhere in life. If your boss corrects you, are you goign to tell him to "F*** off!" because I doubt you'll get far if you do. AO is the same way, you won't get anywhere by telling us off. You seem to be the one who is deluded and ignorant to the ways of the real world. In the real world those who are higher up are in charge. I'm not saying it's like that here, but at times it'll be close. As for this whole conformist issue. Wh0a is all I have to say. I think here on AO you'll find the most rag tag group of individuals. Gore and I are somewhat similar... We're both punks, into computers and playing instruments and stuff like that. Yet the majority of this site varies. We have HS students of all ages, I know of a member who's I believe 14. We have at least one college professor and several college/university students. Administrators of large networks, tech support associates and programmers. We also have truck drivers, construction workers and who knows what else as members. We are all equals and obviously no one is making anyone comform. Women and Men, Married and Single, Young and Old. We are all here and we are a community. Conformity isn't part of the requirements to be a member, however we do ask that you stick to the legal side of things and make your writings legible. I don't believe that is too much to ask, and I don't think it is forcing conformity. If you want to come and talk like this "We hav 2 g0 d0wn to ur h0us t0 hax0r put3rs," then we don't want you around here.

Ok I'm done my rant...

Peace
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Ok I have to say that, yeah people will stop reading when they find miss spelling's it is really to decifer. I ned sume elp pease. It is really hard to find out what that is so it is just as easy to just stop. An occasional typo is ok but a screen full of them is just crazy.

Whizkid2300
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Well firstly i should say that darksnake sets a very good example for all the young
    people who would come to A/O to learn (like myself) and read
    [people stop reading spelling mistakes because frankly we cant make out what the person is trying to to say and being the lazy f ___s we are its easier to stop reading]
    Well top of the class for your idiotic example of the way to use the english language on A/O
    i also note that you are an aurthority on such things having 50 posts and no tutorials what
    so ever.
    second prize goes to jaguar291for saying
    [darksnake said it best]

Thirdly in response to HTRegs. I am glad i made you laugh,in return you have made me laugh
    by not really thinking about the way you have come across contradicting youself by saying
    not to lower yourself to someone elses standards. Well just by posting to a
    [complete moron]
    as you stated Why post at all?. And then neg me for my opinion
    when it clearly states A/O General Chit Chat,talk about what ever's on your mind,as long as it doesn't fit in another forum. And as posted by the Moderator regarding negging in this forum
    it is for opinions, and shouldn't be used to neg someone off the site.

Finally i will say that yes i was trying to make some sort of a point in regards to some peoples
    attitude in relation to bad english in postings. I noticed that after these illiterate or should i
    say (lazy f___s) posted, the first response they got was abrupt and arrogant not helpfull at all.

So if you think that because i have only been here for a month, and i am insulting all those
    rude, arrogant,inpolite,neg wielding MORONS and i dont belong here, just neg me into another login name.

[May a thousand deaths fall upon your shoulders- - HT]
    Thanks for the mature message hdregs.
    Share on Google+

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: when if ever,explained

Originally posted here by TidaLphasE23
    . hello all.
    "PERFECTS" that exsist here.....
    Firstlly let me say that I did try to add a post to your original thread, but it was closed, I thought maybe that was the last four lines of something and the beginning had somehow gone astray,I don't know. This post still does not explain "when if ever"regardless of any spelling.Cosmos may be a good forum for you.You make too many assumptions about AO members,and I do not have the time to fully give answer to all your comments, as much as I would like to,(besides my spacebar is stuck and Iwould be here forever).I can assure you I know all about the"real" world and to survive, a sense of humour helps. If we were all experts ,our shools,colleges and universitie's would be empty
    regards
    jm459
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Thanks for your comments jm459. I appologise to all A/O members who
    assumed i was refering to the community as a whole, i definately had no intension
    of catagorizing everyone in my point of view. I will however, re-iterate the fact that
    there is a small group of individuals who should grow up a bit and practise what they
    preach. I think that in 99.9% of my posts i have been more than polite and respectful
    and have appreciated greatly all help and knowledge passed my way.

If you (the people that negged me) are not the minority who discriminate against
    the unfortunate people that for whatever reason haven't got a reasonable grasp
    on the english language, why make so much of an effort to prove a point.

O.K, i should have been more specific in my statement, opinion, and again i appologise
    to those that it was not aimed at.

Just to clear up the "when if ever" post for anyone who is still reading

If WAR was a justification for all mess and termoil, irrelevance, intolerance,
    and an unfortunate decline toward a WORLD end, it would never make sense,
    it never has.

PEACE-------------------------------NOT---------------------------------------WAR
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Originally posted here by TidaLphasE23

i also note that you are an aurthority on such things having 50 posts and no tutorials what
    so ever.
    Sorry, we all can't be like you... a star member who has started about 10 threads all of which are about some stupid trojan....

second prize goes to jaguar291for saying .

I stand by my opinion... what do you want people to do when someone posts a message that no can understand... hit him the greenies, make him feel that he has accomplished something?!? People here are more than willing to help you if you have a problem with a computer... but if you make posts that no can understand, what do you want from people? I agree that negging those people to death is wrong.. but its the fact that they continue to make posts that no one understands that gets people to neg them.. and like I said before... this is an English site, members are expected to write in decent (I'm not saying perfect, but decent) English...

I think that in 99.9% of my posts i have been more than polite and respectful
    and have appreciated greatly all help and knowledge passed my way.

99.9% of your posts have been about some stupid ass trojan... you've made what.. 10 threads about it? And now you post a stupid rant aimed at people who have been here a lot longer than you and probably have seen how this community works...

If WAR was a justification for all mess and termoil, irrelevance, intolerance,
    and an unfortunate decline toward a WORLD end, it would never make sense,
    it never has.

PEACE-------------------------------NOT---------------------------------------WAR
    Groovy dude... go hug a rainbow.

= Cheers, jag291 =
    Share on Google+

TidaLphasE23:

Where to start....

Thirdly in response to HTRegs. I am glad i made you laugh,in return you have made me laugh
    by not really thinking about the way you have come across contradicting youself by saying
    not to lower yourself to someone elses standards. Well just by posting to a quote:
    [complete moron]
    as you stated Why post at all?. And then neg me for my opinion
    when it clearly states A/O General Chit Chat,talk about what ever's on your mind,as long as it doesn't fit in another forum. And as posted by the Moderator regarding negging in this forum
    it is for opinions, and shouldn't be used to neg someone off the site.
    I never contradicted myself. I posted but I obviously didn't lower myself to your standards. My english and grammar were correct, and I was polite the entire time. Yes you can post whatever you want here, however I've yet to see a post regarding APs being used in this forum. This forum is not an opinion based forum, it's a chat forum. Cosmos is an opinion based forum and, yes, there have been posts in that forum regarding the use of APs. Just so you know, I'm free to use my AP assignment ability however I want but at the same time I don't think my few measly APs will neg you off the site.

Next we come to another quote from you.

Well top of the class for your idiotic example of the way to use the english language on A/O
    so ever.
    What does writing tutorials have to do with anything? Some of the best and brightest members of AO have never written tutorials. Also what does post count have to do? Look at when DS joined. He is a long standing member, that alone gives him the authority. He's seen more posts than probably half the members.

If you have a problem with the way we operate, then I'd suggest you leave. I don't think any of us want you here anyways.

Peace
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".
    Share on Google+