Avenue A?!?!

Thread: Avenue A?!?!

Avenue A?!?!

I've noticed that recently I've been getting bogged down with pop-up and pop-under ads, so to remedy my problem I tried Spybot Search and Destroy (security.kolla.de ) It worked wonders, for any of you who are in the same boat that I was.

As part of this program, it offers the ability to stop "drive-by downloading" of adware/spyware. Now, with that working, it repeatedly says that Avenue A inc. is trying to download itself. I went to their website and got a load of marketing mumbo-jumbo and little of any value as to a description of what this program does (other that increasing web hits by 600% and being super awesome etc...) I was just wondering if anyone else knew exactly what it does, and why it is necessary on AO.
    Darwin\'s rollin\' over in his coffin, The fittest are surviving much lest often,
    Now everything seems to be reversing, And it\'s worsening!
    --nofx, American Errorist

this is where you lose me:

"...and why it is necessary on AO."
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Everyonce in a while, when surfing the forums here, I get a warning that Avenue A is trying to download itself... I was wondering why: is it part of what pays for AO's costs, does it change the way we see the site etc.
    Darwin\'s rollin\' over in his coffin, The fittest are surviving much lest often,
    Now everything seems to be reversing, And it\'s worsening!
    --nofx, American Errorist