Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Lan Party

I'm just wondering...if this is an Abandond factory or what not...how you gona get an Internet connection out there? I'm confused coz I think you'd need a huge pipe if you get that many ppl.
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

I'd kill to be there......maybe I'll have to quit my job, lol. I could definately use some of the local single malt right now...its been a bad day. Seriously though, get a date planned and I'll see what I can do. Jinx- don't forget the brown...you hardly ever see that over here.

Originally posted here by Noia
    I'm just wondering...if this is an Abandond factory or what not...how you gona get an Internet connection out there? I'm confused coz I think you'd need a huge pipe if you get that many ppl.
    Maybe some kind of Wireless connection?
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Maybe someone should solicit JupiterMedia? Hell, even just t-shirts would be cool.

hehehe
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Originally posted here by Noia
    LAN = Intranet...

We don't need no education, I mean, internet.

*must pack*
    *wave*
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Originally posted here by KorpDeath
    Maybe someone should solicit JupiterMedia? Hell, even just t-shirts would be cool.

hehehe

Now that's a great idea - an AO gathering endorsed by JupiterMedia. Sounds good to me, what do you guys think?

I do like the idea of video connections, etc, since I'm in the same boat as others here I'm sure - I'd like to go overseas but I know it's not going to be possible anytime soon..

The Venue

To describe a bit better the venue.

I worded it a bit bad by saying abandoned.

I should have said empty. Its a huge building with a concrete floor that used to be for ripening bananas. (Still has pleasant smell)

It has a massive power supply and I have plenty of 10/100 switches and repeaters at my disposal.

What I intend doing is
    1. See how many are coming
    2. See how many are coming in spirit.
    3. See what kind of permits I need because I think this might be big.
    4. Scope out how many extension sockets I need to buy
    5. Set a date for the event
    6. Find out if anyone else is hosting parties in other areas and get them connected at a decent speed.
    7. Buy bucket load of webcams. microphones
    8. Get in contact with everyone with any knowledge of computers or in any computer related roll.
    9. Buy large selection of clean undies.

Ok mb2002 i will be there you know im only a stones throw away. I dont have a laptop but its just a case of getting a taxi or a run up with my box will there be monitor's i dont fancy brining the full rig (my monitors 17 inch) heh i will go just for a smoke of the lovely amsterdam weed (we can only get solid around here ) i have a dodgy psu its seriously over heating so mb2002 if im not on-line you have my mobile number so give me a bell
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

That's really good idea are you going to make that LAN party as "defcon style http://www.defcon.org/ ? if so I will definitly go to that place.. .

And BTW I am going to Europe/UK(big OE) on sept, what date is it?? I might have free time to go there..yes of course I'll bring my lappy, might be I can learn something cool from you guys..

Cheerrs

Annya
    Not an image or image does not exist!
    Not an image or image does not exist!

Sounds absolutly bloody looooovly...

I get let out of my pen for only a week at a time.. next release of the und3tak3r is September.. unfortunatly "she Who must be Obeyed" has commanded a new coat...
    .......of paint for the house!!

Seems i will be another of the "In Spirit" Participents..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr