Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Lan Party

Originally posted here by mark_boyle2002
    anyone else going to entertain us while we are there ?

It'd be entertaining to watch me in one of my drunken states

Seriously though, I'd really like to participate in something like this if I were a little closer to ya.. It's a great idea though, I hope you can get it organized..

w00t

Originally posted here by mark_boyle2002
    I will see if gore can maybee bring his band.
    Damn.. Gore still wants his money for making me 1337 I'd bet he'll kick my ass !!

I think I can smugle in some of the best Dutch product on the market..
    In colours green and brown..

I just hope they have good beer in Scotland..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

I will extend invitation to all people with 4 greenies or more so newbies get working
    awww not fair Thats means i can't pack my jeans and tee shirts and my extra Marlboro sleeping bags.(i don't have that many greenies but i'm a jr member does that count)lol
    I had to google 'jfgi' to see what it meant. The irony is overwhelming.

4 Geenies?

You realize forum nOObness doesn't necessarily equate to Industry nOObness

I've been to Scotland many many times, it's my favorite place on earth (ok besides Amsterdam). This quote is an understatement!
    I just hope they have good beer in Scotland..
    Your in for a treat in that department . And if you don't like beer, hold on to your trousers, this is Scotland home of the malt. Take your pick single, blended, low land, high land, it's all there and it's cheap by American standard. Free if you take a tour of the distillaries. MMMM. I missed Glenfiddich's last time, they were closed. IMAGINE my shock. Luckily the amazing chaps at the local pub gave me a few squirts of the liquid. Come to think of it they took imense pleasure at watching me make that American whisky face, as I sampled the landlords wares.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

LOL,

Scotland The Rave. !!! (Lan Party)

This has potential but I think alot of organisation is needed.

Also please note that scotland is a bloody cold place. I agree with road closed that we do have good beer here though.

Whisky is another story. Its like paint stripper, vodka, dog urine, oats and many other things all in one product that tastes good.

Kind of like Microsoft Linux. Varied ingredients but a fantastic product.

For all the noobs with very few points I will judge on merit e.g num of posts to percentage points.

I won't exile anyone but I feel that those among us with 4 or more have shown worth to the community and are usually nice to get on with. (My how alchohal can change people)

Does beer drinking and carrying on ability count toward acceptance. We can always toss a wanker out into the cold night.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

To bad I'm thousands of miles away from you.

But the live video thing,and possibly audio sounds good.
    =

Alas, I have no money (I'm married w/ 3 kids) so I won't be there in person...... but you'd better bet if there's good beer and some of The_Jinx's brown and green, I'll be there in spirit. I may even be able to find a camera for the event. Sounds like it's gonna be something very cool.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I will also not be able to attend, but I could set up a camera and would be interested in watching the event. (To at least be there in spirit)
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

We will definitely need some kind of live web broadcast, maybe even News coverage ? Anyone call CNN yet ?

Another possibility, hosting one at same time on this side of the "pond". I know a few nice places in Michigan that would probably work, and that is in the *cough* middle of the US, I would surely be able to make it to that one.