Thread: Tablet PCs

Tablet PCs

I am looking to buy a Tablet PC and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them yet. Currently i am looking at eiter the one from Motion Computing or Acer. Im looking at these mainly on friends recomendation so any comments welcome.

Cheers
    I have plent of thought and talent. I just don\'t give a damn

Thumbs up Motion Tablets

I work doing support for the Motion Computing tablets & have fallen in love with them. Its a slate only model & not a convertable. This means that if your traveling alot, you carry a bag for the extras, but they are unnessary with the features on this unit. Its getting a high reccomendation from me despite the fact I work there. You can also get great info on other models at www.tabletpcbuzz.com

Good Luck in your search.

I used to have reservations regarding Tablet PC's. It costs more than a regular laptop and there don't seem to be much difference. However, after using the Acer Tablet PC I find it to be much convenient and lighter. The nifty pen really helps a lot and makes it worthwhile, way easier than using a regular touchpad. It still comes with a touchpad and you can still use it as a regular laptop however you so desire. It's a totally different experience writing on the screen

In terms of specifications: 2 pounds with firewire,and wireless nic and external dvd/cd-rw

I highly recommend it, I particularly like the Acer: http://global.acer.com/products/tablet_pc/index.htm
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.-Reaper Man

Talking

l apologise for bringing this back to the front but than just got my motion tablet and it is the Bs and Es
    only took couple of minutes to get used to writing insted of typing and it can read my handwriting, which is pretty bad.
    will do a full review once thane had a change to put it through it's paces.

that's all fokes
    I have plent of thought and talent. I just don\'t give a damn