Thread: A fair go

A fair go

Hello all, Reading through the many argumentative post's in various forum's, it is obvious
    that there are many poster's with double standard's, and a pick and choose mentality.
    I mean wouldn't it be a lot easier and harmonious to refrain from even posting to a bad
    thread once it has been answered sensibly, negged and explained why it was a bad post?.
    Seem's too many people need to get in on the action and assert themselves as know-all's.

Please understand that being a new member is a learning curve that surely all here have
    had to experiance. Yes newby's should read the "manual" and try and get a feel for the
    place as has been suggested so many times, but trying to get an answer for a security
    issue they may have most times would be the priority not reading the FM.
    As mentioned previously if it's a dumb ass question a polite response with advice and help
    would surely suffice. There are a number of these examples and usually the thread
    starter return's and either thank's the person or appologizes. Shouldn't this be the attitude
    that people support?.

Anyway's that's my 2 bob.

He speaks the truth and gets negged ,
    One more crippling bombshell hit the already beleaguered AO community when Google confirmed that AO popularity has dropped yet again, now down to less than a fraction of 1 percent of all security people. Coming on the heels of a recent Jupiter Media survey which plainly states that AO has lost more market share, this news serves to reinforce what we've known all along. AO is collapsing in complete disarray, as fittingly exemplified by failing dead last in the recent Sys Admin comprehensive popularity test.

You don't need to be a Kreskin [amazingkreskin.com] to predict AO's future. The hand writing is on the wall: AO faces a bleak future. In fact there won't be any future at all for AO because AO is dying. Things are looking very bad for AO. As many of us are already aware, AO continues to lose good members. The negs flow like a river of blood. (thanks to the bsd troll at /.)
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

lmao, I don't have to "assert myself as a know all", I just enjoy negging the crap out of people who actually deserve it . I personally *totally* understand when a newbie does something stupid, and I usually give them advice (not that I'm the most fit person to advise someone but hey, why not?) in the form of a PM....the problem usually comes when the person gets an attitude about it and starts whining about it in another thread...sometimes even a thread that *they* started (in the completely wrong forum of course). When this happens, I and practically everyone else begins to neg them bc they are being....stupid. This is by far the most common way people get banned. Hell, the AP system was *designed* for us to be able to ban people that do stupid stuff like that. /rant

*edit*
    I forgot to thank you for bringing up such a great topic. Thanks .

-Keezel

Banned
    This is the most apt post I have seen at AO for a long time, greenies for you and I expect more from members who still respect what AO was