Talking computers nearing reality

Thread: Talking computers nearing reality

Banned

Talking computers nearing reality

Machines that listen and talk like humans are becoming a reality, researchers and tech executives say.
    Terminator is becoming reality :-p

Full Story Here : http://news.com.com/2100-1008_3-1023...g=fd_lede2_hed

Shades of 'Startrek'...../the universal translator.
    Computers that can facilitate conversations between two people speaking different languages--a kiosk for dispensing information to tourists who speak English and to tour guides who speak only Chinese, for example--will also emerge from IBM's labs by year's end, according to the company.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Banned
    It would be great and cool and even more....but like they say....it's just too expensive for right now..........who knows maybe in 5-10 years it wont be expensive

Hmm . . I wonder what it'll sound like. . hmm. . .would like to bet it won't be a sexy male voice. . hee hee. . I think it's about time, and it'll be really cool, I can't wait!
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

COOL!!!! Thats awesome. Holpfully prize will go down (Which it will,) no more work for me .

Cya
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD