Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motion Detection With a Web Cam

first, i want to start by saying that i really enjoyed your post and started using 'motion' right away. i just ./make install[ed] it and its sweet (a lot of helpful -arguments too). the only thing i have a problem with is the resolution of the pics. they seem like they're taken in night-vision mode or something ;/ . if anybody has had a problem like this or knows of a solution, it'd be much appreciated.

crypto
    ~-not all who wonder are lost-~

Yea i have set one of these up for my school i work for we do it in the computer rooms they are active 24/7 and the work very well i say keep up the good work nice tutorial it will help when i leave the school for the next techys to set it up thanks i put ur name on it so u keep the rights thanks
    \"there was a time when the church ruled over the work this time was called the dark ages\"

Im Fates fav. play toy once hes done screwing with the rest of the world he comes back to me and says hey you took that one pertty well lets see how u do with this one \"

the only thing i have a problem with is the resolution of the pics. they seem like they're taken in night-vision mode or something
    Well Crypto, it sounds like you probably have yours configured to output "motion images" rather than "normal images." Motion images have a green background and a lighter green area where the motion was detected. To fix this, you can type 'output_normal yes output_motion no' at the command line when running motion, and that should take care of it.
    \"Is this heaven? No, this is Iowa.\"
    -Field of Dreams

As long as we are on the topic and talking about cameras, has anyone had any use or know of any pros/cons to the whole X10 devices. I know that they have cameras that you can pivot and zoom and stuff with and typically their prices arent too terribly bad. Does anyone recommend them or another camera that allows webbased access and zoom/pan tilt options. Doesnt have to be all those options just need a fairly cheap one with webbased access
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

I've been trying to do one of those web cam motion detection programs - u know the one ones that can email you or start a capture when motion is detected. - bottom line is it has completely refused to even detect motion.

Can anyone possibly provide me with a source code link for this in visual basic.

Thanks

I've been trying to do one of those web cam motion detection programs - u know the one ones that can email you or start a capture when motion is detected. - bottom line is it has completely refused to even detect motion.

Can anyone possibly provide me with a source code link for this in visual basic.

Thanks