Thread: ..net send(how to block)

..net send(how to block)

how to block other ppl from net sending me... there's a guy keep on flooding my desktop with net send msg....
    I wish to learn as much as possible

I am assuming you are running WinXP or Win2k:

Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

Find the messenger service, disable and stop it.

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    For the technically inept, there is a utility available called StopMessengerSpam that will disable the Windows Messenger Service for you.

You can find it on my list of free tools under Free Pop-Up and Messenger Spam Blocking Software

i personally would just put post-it notes all over his desk or something. for some reason, when people get RL spam, they tend to cut it out on the internet stuff.
    i\'m starting to think that i\'m bound to always be the first guy on the second page of the thread.

Smile

Create an executable program with "Net Stop Messenger" as its command line. Make it self executable and put it on your startup folder...everytime u restart your comp it should run and disable those bloody thing.

What about us poor admins who use it for legitit. purposes.... "File server is coming down in 10 minutes, save all open documents NOW!"
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

How can you Net Send people that use AOL??? I can get they're IP but it wont net send to them...

Use the computer management tool to make the connection to the remote PC you want to send a message to. You can then right click the computer icon and enter the IP address, from there once you have made the connection you can right click again and goto All tasks, there you will find "Send a console message"

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    What about us poor admins who use it for legitit. purposes.... "File server is coming down in 10 minutes, save all open documents NOW!"
    Well, I think the best you can do if you actually want to use the Messenger Service for its intended purpose is block the ports at the router / firewall level.

At least that way you won't get the pop-up spam on the Messenger Service but you can still get messages from your network monitoring software and your printers and net send messages to your users.