Thread: what are port 80 attacks?

what are port 80 attacks?

I have Internet alert installed. My log shows various port attacks. The ones i am concerned about are port 80 and the IP address is 0.000.00etc... what is this? thanks

Through various methods people can get your IP address relatively easy. Port 80 is commonly checked due to the fact that some viruses and other services such as HTTP hosting run on this port. If an attacker finds that you have port 80 open they can then check for vulnerabilities that, if present, would allow the attacker to gain information and even access to your machine.

-Ogre1010

"Peace, Love and BOOTY Grease"

so, are they finding it open when internet alert is telling me that they have stopped the attack?

NO, they are not finding it as an open port if are running a filewall program...

thank you so much. does the 0.000.00Ip address mean that they have a firewall? do you think i am being protected? how can i tell? i believe someone i know is trying to access websites i go to. the 0.000 addresses and times coincide with this person's personal schedule. thanks for any info.