Thread: Help!?! Connection Error

Help!?! Connection Error

As of late the program I make in visual basic wont let me connect to other people. But other people can connect to me. I am using mswinsck.ocx and I jsut downloaded a new one jsut incase the other one was messed up. Any ideas why I cant connect to people?
    The error I usually get is "No path to host"
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

Just what exacty are you wanting to connect to other people for???
    =

Its not a trojan, dont worry...Its a chat program. I can even send you the source if you would like proof

Are you behind a firewall?
    Are you on a LAN?

Are the people your trying to connect on a LAN or behind a Firewall also? If they or you are then it might be blocking your ip and not allowing the connection to go through.

btw: I've been looking for a chat program for my little network whats the website for it.
    =

I am behind a firewall but I gave it full permisson and shut it down. I made the chat program myself so Its not on a site yet. Only the Source Code on Planet Source code. If You would like I could send it to your e-mail you can contact me at ew16301@yahoo.com I am also willing to make any program you like. I can make pretty much anything.

Is the person that your trying to connect to behind a fireall also? make sure you check the settings on the other side. What ports are you using to connect on?
    =

The ports you are using may not be able to work because an app on your comp is already using it. i also made a chat program in VB and i got the same problem, and i never did fix it. Hope this helps a lil. -(V)
    Whoever said Assembly was dead?

Hmm..Well I tried a few different users (Some behind a firewall some not) and I usually use port 4545 but I also tried a few other ports. I try to find unused ones. Im going to go post source code to a simple chat program now so go check it out.