Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft releases three new patches

Banned

Microsoft releases three new patches

Microsoft released three security bulletins yesterday, one 'critical' and two 'important', which between them cover all Windows platforms.
    The 'critical' flaw, which affects almost all versions of Windows, consists of a buffer overrun in the Windows HTML Converter which could allow an attacker to execute code of their choice.
    The second vulnerability , classed as 'important', is also a buffer overrun that could lead to data corruption and allow an attacker to execute code of their choice. This vulnerability affects XP, 2000 and NT.
    The third vulnerability , classed as 'important' and only affecting Windows 2000, allows a local user to elevate their privileges by exploiting the Accessibility options for disabled users.
    Source : http://www.vnunet.com/News/1142200

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar

Smile

Everyone knows Microsoft Windows operating system has a lot of vulnerabilities thats why I highly recommend everyone who runs Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, to go to http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
    It can tell you every vulnerability in your operating system, hardware, software in under 30 seconds. this is an excellent way to find out what needs to be patched up for your system. ComputerNerd22

Well, I came in to the office this morning not knowing for certain what I would be doing today, but this answers that question - Windows patching!

Seriously though, it is very important important to take Computernerd22's advice and run Windows Update often. Without doing so, users put themselves in areas of risk they really shouldn't be...
    - Maverick

Cheers Memory!! Good catch, better start updating then ;-)

BIOS Bomber
    DEAR GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Windows had to release security patches??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

This almost NEVER happens! Oh no! what will we do now! Windows is becoming insecure! What is the world coming tooooooo! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Not Windows!!!! (cries)

Hmm, what is a "window" really? a hole with a see through peice of glass in it right? You can see in it and everything its covering and all it would take is a stone to break into it and gain entrance.

But still.. Heh I am so utterly shocked at this!

Oh well.

Post Damm!!!

No matter how many times I check a day M$
    still manages to have band-width eating patches....
    Franklin Werren at www.bagpipes.net
    Yes I do play the Bagpipes!

And learning to Play the Bugle

Yep Windows software has more holes than swiss cheese. But I am glad that they are making patches for the holes. but then one day I may run out of Hd space

Seriously, things like this make me wonder how Microsoft gets away with dominating with Windows and they still find holes in their system. I suppose it's just meant to be...thanx for the info though, will have to check up on that.
    Carrie: Someone\'s definition of what constitutes cheating is in direct proportion to how much they themselves want to cheat.
    Miranda: That\'s moral relativism!
    Carrie: I prefer to think of it as quantum cheating.

Thankyou for the heads up MemorY. That was very nice of you .

Cya
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Originally posted here by DeadAddict
    Yep Windows software has more holes than swiss cheese. But I am glad that they are making patches for the holes. but then one day I may run out of Hd space
    Quit insulting the Swiss Cheese
    The next thing you will see is 'Swiss Cheese" as a term for "Windows"
    and the "Swiss Cheese" Mfg will sue us for copywrite infrigement....
    Just like "Spam"
    Franklin Werren at www.bagpipes.net
    Yes I do play the Bagpipes!

And learning to Play the Bugle