Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i realy think than my windows ME was hacked

i realy think than my windows ME was hacked

I need some help. in the last month i saw that my computer was working very slowly.......... but I don't put atention to IT because I call a computer asistent to divide the unit A of the computer in two phases one of it to the windows ME and the other to windows 95......................... so the computer started to working very slowly but only on the windows ME............. and i need your help because if mi computer still working slowly there is a moment when my computer don't work more.................... please back it to me. i'll reali thank

best wishes
    jeralcker

Banned
    Post the computer's specs... I think the mystery will be solved...

there can be many reasons for the system to work slow...try defragging it....i would recommend Norton Systems Works for defragging also u will be able to take care of some other issues with you system like registry corruption etc...........and pls do post the specs and other information...so that the commuinty can access what exactly can be wrong with the box.
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

If you really think it's hacked, then you'll also want to scan for stuff like trojans. Tauscan has a great scanner, but it's only free for 30 days. Still, 30 days is plenty of time to find and remove any trojans you may have. You can find it here http://www.agnitum.com/download/tauscan.html.

*edit*
    I just realized that the maker of Tauscan (the actual scanner) is Agnitum. I made it sound like Tauscan was the company. Agnitum also has a great firewall (Outpost).

Originally posted here by jaguar291
    Post the computer's specs... I think the mystery will be solved...
    Specs? its Windows 95 and ME...lol I thought a slow down was normal for those two OSs.

There is a patch for your computer that will make it faster, more stable and more fun. You can download it at :

http://www.suse.com

Enjoy

Heh, "patch". It's true though, suse
    will make it faster, more stable and more fun.
    Unfortunately, I haven't been able to really dive into *nix stuff yet because I want a seperate hard drive first. I can play with it on other peep's computers but not on my own yet . Not to mention that I have to figure out how to make it all *work*. Btw, why do you have two versions of windows on your computer? I guess there's some point to it, but I don't understand.....

BIOS Bomber
    Originally posted here by keezel
    Heh, "patch". It's true though, suse Unfortunately, I haven't been able to really dive into *nix stuff yet because I want a seperate hard drive first. I can play with it on other peep's computers but not on my own yet . Not to mention that I have to figure out how to make it all *work*. Btw, why do you have two versions of windows on your computer? I guess there's some point to it, but I don't understand.....
    If youd like some help, either send me a PM or reply with what hardware you have and what you use your computer for and I can probably help you out and get you into Linux.

Also please let me know what OS you use right now and how big your HD is.

Upgradem if you want to use Windows, to XP. It's pretty stable.
    Loki

Try this from Symantec.

It will help to diagnose any disk 'clutter' or any errors that may be present. I don't think that it's anything too serious.

The one that you **** when you see it is "Primary master Disk Fail' on bootup! That's a BITCH!

Good luck with your prob, hope this helps a bit....

D.
    [gloworange]Athlon XP 2100+ 1.74GHz
    512MB PC2100 DDR-SD RAM
    RADEON 9600XT 256MB[/gloworange]

My friend sent me a trojan server once for BEAST, and it seriously slowed up my computer, it ran IEXPLORE at like 95% system resources so i was crawling... you could possibly have that. I had to reinstall windows. I think you should backup your files incase you have to do anything like that. and also think about upgrading to XP.
    Whoever said Assembly was dead?