message forums you visit regularly...

Thread: message forums you visit regularly...

message forums you visit regularly...

i am a student at eckerd college, and i'm doing a qualitative research study on message forums and how they are quickly becoming another type of community with their own unique type of social life. please help me by responding to these simple questions...as i was referred here by someone who mentioned this site. its my goal to visit the sites you mention and ask the same questions in each of these sites...if you would like to send me more thoughts over email and would rather people don't read them...feel free to.

email: chet@hondaswap.com

thanks!

as the topic says, please list every forum you visit and describe why you visit the site.
    also...if you could tell me why you like the site and how often you visit...number of posts...and how long you have been a member.

in addition, tell me anything else you would like to about the various message forums you visit...

****please note, i want to know about every site you are a member of...whether its a cooking website or home decorating website...

thanks for your responses..

for example...my response would look like this...

tamparacing.com
    member since feb,2001
    2100+ posts
    *i enjoy cars, and enjoy the racing scene here in tampa...etc..

obviously i want you to go into great detail...the more details the better, thanks!

I'm not questioning the sincerity of your question here, but don't you think if someone did email you with the info on what sites they are a member of would present a possible security risk?

Obviously, much can be determined from an email......and knowing what sites people are members of.....maybe i'm just paranoid.

_______

I have an account at hdc with a few hundred post, and i enjoy just about any hacking/security forum.

Take care.

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Originally posted here by FrameWork
    I'm not questioning the sincerity of your question here
    I would agree with FrameWork on that, but I would have thought as a research student, you would have had a college e-mail address or an official college web page on the college site, using an appropriate form, ensuring the proper privacy and security requirements for contributers.

Exactly which course are you doing at Eckerd, and who is your Head of Faculty ?
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

my college email address is hewitcw@eckerd.edu

i don't use this email address because i have my own website (www.hondaswap.com) and have an email server that does not have any restrictions.

as far as my teacher, he is michael flaherty and he is world reknowned for his qualitative research on time. his latest book is "a watched pot" and its available on amazon.com among other sites.

here is a picture of his book:

here is a link to the site: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

here is a link to a paper i recently wrote on street racing, another qualititative research project: http://www.zate.org/deviance.doc

figures, this is a security site and 90% of you are paranoid..but i think the information i have provided confirms my legitimacy. also...here is a "vouch thread" for me on honda-tech, i am mostly into car related websites which is why i'm taking the suggestions of everyone and visiting sites ranging from security to gaming to cooking to home decor.

my vouch thread: http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?&id...532157#4532157

now that i've taken the time to tell you this information, it would definitely help me to get some responses to the questions i've asked.

thanks for your time.

chet

AO's Mr Grumpy
    OK chet
    BTW I'm NOT paranoid :
    But please STOP following me
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Banned
    Ok.. ok... here you go, just stop complaining:

gtaforums.com
    member since Dec 2001
    about 200 posts
    i enjoy the game grand theft auto thus i visit this site for mods and car models

forums.hytekcomputer.com
    member since Jul 2002
    about 30 posts
    computer related website that not a lot of people visit... lots of good info

antionline.com
    <---- member since
    <---- posts
    security website; discuss the fundamentals of computer security

atthezone.net
    member since mar/apr 2003
    about 30 posts
    this the website of my local LAN shop... go there once or twice a week... they forums im a part of

chicagogamers.com
    member sicne mar/apr 2003
    about 5 posts
    i use this website mainly to find out about LAN parties in my area... refered there by atthezone.net

You want anything else sir?

= Cheers, jag291 =

excellent, please keep the responses coming.

thanks!