How to get a free shell

Thread: How to get a free shell

Banned

Post How to get a free shell

this is how to get a free shell ....
    firstly it has some restrictions and is free for 90 days unless you send them us$1 which gives you a free shell for life with abit more features or send them us$36 for the works but the free account is fine as you get 10 megs storage / 10 megs for e-mail (incoming only unless you pay money) / 10 meg website space.you are alos limited to one shell for free. also you have access to games you play on the server and access to bboard, com(like irc) and other stuff.

if you send us$1 you get:
    20mb storage, 20mb webspace, 20mb mail
    mail stuff: elm, pine, mutt, mailx, rmail, pop3, gopher
    shells: bash, ash, ksh, tcsh, rc, zsh, tclsh
    web stuff: cgi execution and php4 support
    other stuff: icq, aim, talk, mud, commode, bboard
    and hundreds of UNIX utilities

if you send us$36 you get:
    100mb storage, 100mb webspace, 100mb mail
    access to multiple subdomains
    voting priviledges on new system features
    telnet, ssh, scp, ftp, ytalk, irc, snarf
    gcc, lisp, perl, python, ruby, et cetera
    access to join VHOST, DNS, VPM, DBA, TWEAK & MetaARPA membership levels

but the free shell is fine you could just sign up for a new shell every 90 days :-)
    to get a shell open telnet and conect to: freeshell.org and follow the prompts
    for new users: open telnet (search and best put a shortcut on desktop) with xp and some other windows in the telnet screen type "o freeshell.org" (without the rabbit ears and thats the letter o not a zero) and follow the prompts.

it is unix but is very n00b friendly and just remember once connected type "help" for freeshell.org's commands and type "unix" for unix comands you may want to write down the commands or copy/paste and print them. they have faqs and alot of info there for new users also they are a non profit organisation thats why it's free and also cheap if you want more features

if this has helped anyone please give me positive points as i got negged to death over a n00b question a week or so ago

EDIT: if you dont know what a shell is goto http://neworder.box.sk/ or http://blacksun.box.sk/ they have some infor if you type "shell" in the search ..... if anyone knows some links that do a good job at describing what a shell is and what it is good for so ppl know what im on about feel free to reply

also get putty it is much better then telnet http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/.../x86/putty.exe

Maybe I'm missing something here but how is this a tutorial??

All your telling us is what we get in a shell if we send some people some money. I don't believe this is a Tut.

f this has helped anyone please give me positive points as i got negged to death over a n00b question a week or so ago
    What kind of a sorry ass sentence is that. Asking us to give you AP's for a tut that isn't really a tut.
    =

Banned
    well it's a tut on how to get a shell and how to connect to it
    if this is the wrong place for it im more then happy for a mod to move it but thought this was the best place ....

and as i said it is free you dont have to send money

Try to PM a Moderator and have them move it, or delete it.
    =

Nah just Delete the thread....
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Well at least it the topics are starting to get better, but then again, saying better is not saying much :S.