Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make Your Own Chat Program (In VB)

queries about a Chat Program

Well, Limpster it was a very good tutorial. I am a bit confued about some issues. It will be highly appreciated if you clear them to me. Can you please specify the part of the code for send form and recieve form and as far as i prcieved i think winsock control has to be added on both sender and reciver form. Thank you. I hope you ll wipe off my confusions.

And one more thing. Can anyone post a tutorial like communication over COM ports in VB. Because there are many devices that can be attatched to COM port or PARALLEL port and then sending instructions to the device. Or the other idea could be to make a chat program that uses a LAPLINK cable (that can be attatched to both computers at COM or SERIAL ports) for chatting. Thank you. I hope for a positive response.

hey good reply back and all but u should reply in that thread...u dont need to start a whole new thread. its all good...just from now on.

Banned
    *Threads merged*
    *Doh*

ummm....still not gettin a response........

ommy; quick pointer on netiquitte (sp? please excuse that..)

It is best to only ask a question *once* -- this applies to IRC, Message boards, and any other mediums in which humans exchange messages. I find if you constantly ask/badger for a response, you have less chance of getting an answer. If someone knew, they most likely would have responded by now.

Just helping

Hey, i'm using .net and i can't find a winsock, or find a download online, do ya think you could help me please?
    *Those who trade freedom for security deserve neither *