Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Probs with the BIOS....

Ok, I thought I'd get back to you guys and provide you with a bit of a 'newbie laugh'.

Remember how I said that I had recovered my memory (my brain memory, not the 'puter)? Well I went into the BIOS again and had a fudgin' brainstorm! (yeah, right!)

I went into the

> Set User Passoword

and then pushed enter twice. It said: "Password Disabled" I said: "Hallaluja!!"

I then saved the CMOS and exited. I went back in just to see if it worked, and - presto - things are now 'changeable'!

Remember, I'm still learning...

Thanks for all your help anyways, it got me thinking (I know, I should have been from the start....sheesh), and provided me with some suggestions.
    That's Tops!!

L8R
    D.
    [gloworange]Athlon XP 2100+ 1.74GHz
    512MB PC2100 DDR-SD RAM
    RADEON 9600XT 256MB[/gloworange]

pull the power cord, remove the batter, go get something to drink and be done with it already.
    TH13 gave you the answer.

some momboards have a single pair of jumper pins (marked j29 i think) which you have to short but you should check the manual first (after you find it). so much trouble just take the juice away for awhile and let it reset itself
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Tedob1: Nah, I don't have to now. I fixed it without having to do that - although it was my next step to do so.
    [gloworange]Athlon XP 2100+ 1.74GHz
    512MB PC2100 DDR-SD RAM
    RADEON 9600XT 256MB[/gloworange]

Won't removing the battery erase all the data?
    Yes it will, your computer is now a washing machine...

... that is until you go into the bios setup and it re-reads all of the I/Os on the motherboard. Older BIOS's will force you to manually enter things like "I have a floppy connected, here - A hard drive on IDE 0, etc. New one's read it all nice and neat.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.