Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ethernet switching in a nut shell

Brought a couple of switches home from work today, including a one that will switch in the upper layers. It is my intent to set them up on the ol' home network tomorrow and start doing the requested addition to this tutorial (with photos! Which is why I lugged the damn things home to begin with). This way, I can show via screen captures what happens to the data when you start fooling with VLANs. Maybe I'll post a little RFC 3176 data too.

Y'all are going to have to understand, however, that I have three kids, two of whom are still in diapers. I don't always have all the time that I want to do things, but I'm trying.

Nice, pics too? I'm interested in seeing what comes up in this new addition to the tutorial...I'm looking forward to seeing more on VLAN's!
    Carrie: Someone\'s definition of what constitutes cheating is in direct proportion to how much they themselves want to cheat.
    Miranda: That\'s moral relativism!
    Carrie: I prefer to think of it as quantum cheating.

SORRY, SORRY, SORRY!

The freakin' L3 switch I brought home Friday was bad out of the box. So I couldn't get everything done I wanted to. I've got a couple things to take care of at work here this morning and am going to try to set this stuff up in my lab here. Hopefully!

Sheesh, for someone that is doing us all a huge favour by writing informative tutorials you sure do apologise a lot. Relax, if things go wrong and you get delayed then we don't care. I might be assuming too much here but I think everyone is just grateful for the effort you are putting in and no-one thinks you need to apologise for a delay.

./GPF
    Dain Bramaged