Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jupiter Media Up To There Good Ol' Tricks

Red face Jupiter Media Up To There Good Ol' Tricks

Looks Like Jupiter Media Is Up To There Ol' Tricks Again....I just ran ad-aware and to my surprise....tracking cookies I never received from this site before plaguing my computer. 5 Marked Jupiter media and one Marked AntiOnline...Since I cant be exactly sure what they were looking to track...maybe someone representing Jupiter Media could explain this. Next time I will not let this automaticly destroy **** it finds so I can prod around Jup's implant into my machine. Has anyone else happened to find these tracking cookies? Im sure atleast one other person has atleast one of them. Maybe nows a good time to scan.

I use Spybot S&D and I didn't find any spyware on my box
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I just ran Adaware 6 with the latest updates, and i have turned up nothing.

Old Fart
    Don't we all get a cookie just for logging in?
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

yup...all cookies are not bad. Its third party cookies and cookies with a personal id, like your cpu tag, that you have to watch out for.

i watch for this stuff every where i go and ive yet to see it here.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

It's funny how this whole JupMedia thing has exploded into all kinds of maddness.

heh

heh indeed.....

It's funny how *lots* of little things can turn into madness. Wouldn't you say?

if i recall correctly the privacy policy linked to below it states that JUPM will track you within the JUPM network. or internet.com network. or something to that effect. but it may have been changed as these things do and i do not intend or reading it again.

so most links provided by the JUPM reps have been for sites owned by themselves in some way.

you may have stumbled across others. ``they'' probably know if you did whereas you do not.
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

Ran Spybot S&D twice, once logged onto AO and once not. Neither time did I find anything that had to do w/ AO or JupM.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    I don't care, I will continue to come back anyway, I'm just to addicted.

This is called the AO-Postwhore-cookie-flambitis....
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby