Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E-mail harassement

I also recommend you ensure your antivirus protection is up to date. The example that you post has a subject line which is related to the Klez virus.

Random strings comprise the email message that this worms sends. The subject can be one of the following:

Worm Klez.E immunity
    Undeliverable mail--"[Random word]"
    Returned mail--"[Random word]"
    a [Random word] [Random word] game
    a [Random word] [Random word] tool
    a [Random word] [Random word] website
    a [Random word] [Random word] patch
    [Random word] removal tools
    how are you
    let's be friends
    darling
    so cool a flash,enjoy it
    your password
    honey
    some questions
    please try again
    welcome to my hometown
    the Garden of Eden
    introduction on ADSL
    meeting notice
    questionnaire
    congratulations
    sos!
    japanese girl VS playboy
    look,my beautiful girl friend
    eager to see you
    spice girls' vocal concert
    japanese lass' sexy pictures
    You can find info on this virus HERE

Cheers:
    DjM

DJM,
    This is very good info. I recognize the keywords like "sos"and "your password". But there are no attachments in the e-mails and no message in the body. Every now and then I will get one with an Windows update and a link to a website in the body. I suspect that this person is trying to fake the virus ID because I have used IP locator and sent a message to the ISP to notify them of the abuse and they have done nothing. It's seems that this guy is using a proxy server to hide himself and faking the identity of the virus so that he can claim ignorance if caught. I am saving all his e-mails in a special folder so that if I ever find him.......
    If wireless is the future, then why doesn\'t it work properly.
    \"Can you here me now?\"
    \"WHAT, SAY THAT AGAIN\"

Originally posted here by 2truth
    DJM,
    This is very good info. I recognize the keywords like "sos"and "your password". But there are no attachments in the e-mails and no message in the body. Every now and then I will get one with an Windows update and a link to a website in the body. I suspect that this person is trying to fake the virus ID because I have used IP locator and sent a message to the ISP to notify them of the abuse and they have done nothing. It's seems that this guy is using a proxy server to hide himself and faking the identity of the virus so that he can claim ignorance if caught. I am saving all his e-mails in a special folder so that if I ever find him.......
    Sending an e-mail to the ISP is quite likely useless. The virus spoofs the "from" address and screws up the mx record, therefore the real sender is hidden. As for the attachments, I don't use yahoo mail, but, they may have a virus gateway which will strip the attachment before sending the body of the e-mail through to you. At my shop I get between 100 to 200 virus hits a day on my gateway. Best suggestion, keep your avtivirus up to date, and just delete these e-mails, you won't be able to track them.

Cheers:
    DjM

Thanks DJM,
    I have saved as many as I could before I didn'y realize what was happening and I deleted them. As for the aitvirus protection, well I use a firewall and a program called spybot search and destroy. I hate the anti virus updates you have to do and i read this huge article that antiviruses are just a big rip-off by the companies because they hold back the cure and force people to update there software. I do not open any attachments unless I am certain. And I only use Yahoo because my personal e-mail address has changed because of moving so many times and having to change ISP's and the hassle of notifying all your friends and family of the e-mail change. So yahoo works better than Hotmail in my book. And I just checked and I think it does come with it's own antivirus analyzer on it's server or something like that. It let's attachments through but it scans them and tell me what kind of file it is.
    If wireless is the future, then why doesn\'t it work properly.
    \"Can you here me now?\"
    \"WHAT, SAY THAT AGAIN\"