Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-mail harassement

Exclamation E-mail harassement

Hello all,
    I was wondering if anybody has any good ideas about any good mail washers out there. I have a person who is e-mailing me all the time with no message body and sometimes they want me to go to a wierd website to update my settings for my PC. I have tried to check this persons IP with an IPLOG and it seems like this person is hiding behind a proxy server. How do I stop this person? Any ideas? Take a look at the e-mail example below.

X-Apparently-To: truth2gerbils@yahoo.com via 216.136.226.59; 11 Jul 2003 08:23:32 -0700 (PDT)
    X-YahooFilteredBulk: 65.16.28.104
    Return-Path: <trela@hometc.com>
    Received: from 65.16.28.104 (EHLO NS4.hometc.com) (65.16.28.104) by mta107.mail.scd.yahoo.com with SMTP; 11 Jul 2003 08:23:31 -0700 (PDT)
    Received: from Npn (192.168.1.47 [192.168.1.47]) by NS4.hometc.com with SMTP (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service Version 5.5.2653.13) id 33ZD2VDL; Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:21:53 -0500
    From: "woa" <woa@stormnet.com> | This is spam | Add to Address Book
    To: truth2gerbils@yahoo.com
    Subject: Your password
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=UQF5t9vS677nhg4g9VEtvBnX28pQ05393ZDix
    Content-Length: 57970
    If wireless is the future, then why doesn\'t it work properly.
    \"Can you here me now?\"
    \"WHAT, SAY THAT AGAIN\"

Under 'Mail Option" in yahoo mail, you will find:

Block Addresses
    Block addresses from which you don't want to receive mail.

From there you can block the person so that you will not receive mail from them.
    Hotmail, if you block someone will send them a message that they are blocked at that account, and they may just send you more from anouther address. I don't know if yahoo sends the same message out or not.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Banned
    Get a new e-mail address if what you wrote is true at all....

Old Fart
    www.mailwasher.net has the spam washer that ROCKS!!!
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Hey Allen, thanks a bunch for that mailwasher! It does rock! It was EXACTLY what I was looking for! Hey 2truth, yea, try out www.mailwasher.net like allenb1963 suggests!
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

I'd just like to say that it'd be a bad idea to respond to this person in any way. It may be painfully obvious, but I figured I'd mention it just in case....

Here's another good one http://www.pcmedixwebs.com/mail_washer.htm but mailwasher is better in my opinion. Just give it a try.

Cya
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Thanks all,
    As to the first part of the response, the person keeps changing their e-mail address each they e-mail me. In the begginning I tried to block addresses with yahoo, but they still got through with a new e-mail address. I am going to try that mail washer and see if it works. But the website says the free download will not work with hotmail. But the pro version does. What's the difference? Thanks again.
    \"Can you here me now?\"
    \"WHAT, SAY THAT AGAIN\"

Old Fart
    The Pro version allows you to use mailwasher on multiple accounts and adds in functionality that allows access to and filtering of HTTP based email. Hey....the free version works well enough on its own to justify the $20 price that the pro version carries IMHO.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Thanks everybody. What I need is a mailwasher for the HTTP based e-mail so that I can stop this person from messing with my personal yahoo account. I also did some more resarch and found this other website with this other mailwasher. What do you all think of this one?
    http://www.visualware.com/mailwasherpro/index.html . Thanks again for all the helpful responses.
    \"Can you here me now?\"
    \"WHAT, SAY THAT AGAIN\"