how to post anonymous in newsgroups
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to post anonymous in newsgroups

how to post anonymous in newsgroups

Hi-

I was not sure where to post this question so i guess here will do.

How do i post anonymous in usenet discussion forums? google groups.

This is only for my privacy, nothing else.

thanks in advance

ummm....I'm not sure I understand your question. Maybe make an account with bogus information and use a handle that nobody would recognize as you? Not really sure exactly what you're asking though, so I'm not sure if this answer will help you.

well....for instance....google wants to verify the email addy you gave was real.
    when you sign up . that can be tracked and that`s not anonymous right?

I would say use a proxy server to connect to the Internet to hide yourself, and then just log in as a guest (if possible) on whatever forum/message board you want. Though you might not have full access that you would if you were logged in as a member.

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Exactly right, bongpilot. However, the way around that is to set up a temporary bogus email address (free of course). Use it while you need it, then dump it. Give all fake info for the email account, *and* the place you're posting to. If you have any other questions, just keep em comin' .

Yeah but what is the deal with doing that, sounds like you are going to start trouble within a forum and then leave. I donno, that's just how I see it with that way of thinking.
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

lol....well to be honest there is zero malice intended....i want to post to a marijuania group anonymously.

I just thought about something. In another thread this same person was asking....well you can see for yourself but I figure I should draw your attention to it. http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=246089 I think his intentions are honorable.....at least that's my first impression.

To be very honest, and to set the record straight, i have no interest in :black hat techniques.
    I am simply learning.....as you ounce did....
    I feel as though i should set the record straight because i`m new to posting here.....i just have alot of questions.

nuffing wrong with questions, long as they're worded carefully... people here are very touchy, quite understandable considering the number of lamers lurking the AP corridors.

If someone is REALLY intent on tracking you, then they will... depending on the resources at their disposal, of course. Otherwise, for a simple newsgroup, a free webmail address and a little creativity in the signup procedure should be all you need.